Crossword clues for jani
Jāņi is an annual Latvian festival celebrating the summer solstice. Although the solstice usually falls on 21 or 22 June, the public holidays—Līgo Day and Jāņi Day—are on 23 and 24 June. The day before Jāņi is known as Līgo Day (formerly known as Zāļu Day).
On Jāņi Eve people travel from the city into the countryside to gather and eat, drink, sing and celebrate the solstice by observing the ancient folk traditions relating to renewal and fertility.
Jani may refer to:
- Jani (given name), a male name in Finland, Hungary and Norway
- Jani ( family name), a last name in India for cast: Hindu category Brahman
- Jani (letter), a Georgian letter
- Jani, Iran, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran
- Janī, a Japanese gay slang word
- Jāņi, a Latvian festival
- Jyani, a Jat clan
- Jani-King, a cleaning service company
- short for janitor
Jani is a male given name, particularly common in Finland and Hungary.
Jani (asomtavruli , nuskhuri , mkhedruli ჯ) is the 36th letter of the three Georgian scripts.
In the system of Georgian numerals it has a value of 8000.
Jani commonly represents the voiced palato-alveolar affricate , like the pronunciation of in "hedge".