Crossword clues for jami
Nur ad-Dīn Abd ar-Rahmān Jāmī also known as Mawlanā Nūr al-Dīn 'Abd al-Rahmān or Abd-Al-Rahmān Nur-Al-Din Muhammad Dashti, or simply as Jami or DJāmī and in Turkey as Molla Cami (7 November 1414 – 9 November 1492), is known for his achievements as a scholar, mystic, writer, composer of numerous lyrics and idylls, historian, and the greatest Sufi poets of the 15th century. Jami was primarily an outstanding poet-theologian of the school of Ibn Arabi and a prominent Khwājagānī Sũfī. He was recognized for his eloquent tongue and ready at repartee who analyzed the idea of the metaphysics of mercy. Among his famous poetical works are Haft Awrang, Tuhfat al-Ahrar, Layla wa -Majnun, Fatihat al-Shabab, Lawa'ih, Al-Durrah al-Fakhirah.
Jami was a 15th-century Persian poet
Jami may also refer to:
- Al-Jāmiʿ ( Arabic: الجامع), one of the names of God in Islam, meaning "Unifier" or "Gatherer".
- Jami, Vizianagaram, an Indian village
- Jami, Iran, a village in North Khorasan Province, Iran
- Dzhami District, or Jomi District, in Tajikistan
- Jami' al-tawarikh, 14th century Iranian history of the world by Rashid al-Din
- JAMI, an acronym for the Islamic Front for the Iraqi Resistance
- Jami is also a Finnish male given name
- Jami, Pakistani director
- Jami Puustinen, footballer
- Jami Bernard an author and media consultant.
- Jami Floyd American attorney.
- Jami Gertz an American actress.
Category:Names of God in Islam
Jamshed Mahmood Raza (born March 1972), popularly known as Jami, is a film director from Pakistan.