Crossword clues for jakes
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Jakes \Jakes\, n. [Prob. fr. F. Jacques, the proper name. See 2d
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
"a privy," mid-15c., genitive singular of jack (n.).
Etymology 1 n. (context dated English) A privy or latrine. Etymology 2
n. (plural of jake English)
Jakeš is a village in the municipality of Vukosavlje, Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Jakeš is a village in Vukosavlje municipality, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It may also refer to:
- Miloš Jakeš (b. 1922), General Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia
- Petr Jakeš (1940–2005), Czech geologist
Jakes or Jakeš is a surname that may refer to
- James Jakes (born 1987), British racing driver
- John Jakes (born 1932), American novelist
- Leigh Jakes (born 1988), American association football player
- Milouš Jakeš (born 1922), General Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia (1987–1989)
- Petr Jakeš (1940–2005), Czech geologist.
- T. D. Jakes (born 1957), American pastor
- Tyler Jakes, American musician, songwriter, and producer
- Van Jakes (born 1961), former professional American footballer
- Zoe Jakes, American belly dancer and musician
Usage examples of "jakes".
It was the horrific nature of these last three murders - their modus operandi - along with those of Jim Banks, Stevens and Jakes, of course, that had finally alerted the authorities to what they now erroneously categorized as a series of serial killings.
And this time it was a venue and a meeting that he wasn't looking forward to at all: the police mortuary in Fulham, where George Jakes lay gutted on a slab waiting for him.
And because Stevens and Jakes had had close friendships with Banks, the investigation of Banks's murder was passed to another, more 'impartial' team.
I could probably contact Jakes from here, or from my room at E-Branch HQ, but that isn't my way.
And before Harry could answer, but in a far quieter mode, as Jakes scanned his visitor's stunned thoughts: Hey, is it that bad?
But you're right, Harry, Jakes sighed after a while, / didn't feel all of it.
But as the Necroscope was about to say thanks, Jakes said: Oh, and there's one other thing.
Not necessarily, Necroscope, said the near-distant voice of George Jakes, causing him to start a little.
And because George Jakes was a dead man, whom only the Necroscope could hear and speak to, no other prying, intruding mind was privy to it.
But conversation with the dead often conveys more than is actually said, and Jakes showed him the whole picture in the time it took for the battered van to make it up the ramp.
Funny, but the best picture he had of her was the one George Jakes had given him: A real looker .
And she wasn't so much the looker that Harry and George Jakes had thought she might be.
If there was anything Sid Jakes and Lee Chang Chu drilled into us, it was how big the issues are.
Sid Jakes said, in the tiny screen, "you people have times there, don't you?
The faces of both Sid Jakes and Lee Chang Chu were in the screen, both of them a little on the wide-eyed side.