Crossword clues for itala
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Itala \It"a*la\, n. [Fem. of L. Italus Italian.] An early Latin version of the Scriptures (the Old Testament was translated from the Septuagint, and was also called the Italic version).
Itala was a car manufacturer based in Turin, Italy from 1904-1934, started by Matteo Ceirano and five partners in 1903.
Itala may refer to the following:
- Itala lingvo, the Italian language
- Itala, an Italian car manufacturer
- Itala, Sicily, a municipality in Sicily
- Itala Game Reserve, in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Ville Itälä, a Finnish politician
- a term for the Vetus Latina or "Old Latin" translation of the Bible
Usage examples of "itala".
Bruce Hamilton had reached Fort Itala upon September 28th and Walter Kitchener had been despatched to Vryheid.