Crossword clues for ind
- Neighbor of Ky.
- Row C abbr., maybe
- Row C, maybe: Abbr.
- Not Dem. or Rep.
- Pol. label
- The Colts, on a scoreboard
- Neighbor of Ill.
- Ky. neighbor
- Sans affiliation: Abbr.
- Like Beethoven's Second
- Neither Dem. nor Rep.
- Birthplace of Rex Stout and Kurt Vonnegut: Abbr.
- Neither blue nor red?: Abbr.
- Third line on many a ballot: Abbr.
- Oh./Ill. separator
- Neither red nor blue?: Abbr.
- Like Bernie Sanders, before 2015: Abbr.
- Nat. of Nagpur
- Gary's st.
- Party-shunning: Abbr.
- *See 16 Across: Abbr.
- Neighbor of Mich. and Ill.
- Alternative to Rep. to Dem.
- Polit. abbr.
- Sen. Lugar's home
- Hoosiers' home: Abbr.
- N.Y. subway
- Hoosier's abbr.
- Red man: Abbr.
- "From the east to western ___": Shak.
- State adjoining Ill.
- It's east of Ill.
- Political maverick: Abbr.
- State: Abbr.
- Unaffiliated voter: Abbr.
- A neighbor of Ill.
- N.Y.C. subway line
- Ballot abbr.
- Unaffiliated politically: Abbr.
- Neither Rep. nor Dem.
- Perot follower: Abbr.
- Pol. affiliation
- Swing voter: Abbr.
- Polit. designation
- Ill. neighbor
- Not the party type: Abbr.
- Party outsider: Abbr.
- Like Bach's "Magnificat"
- Like some candidates: Abbr.
- Kind of candidate: Abbr.
- Line in a voting booth: Abbr.
- Like some polit. tickets
- Person with a 114-Across?: Abbr.
- Swing voter, perhaps: Abbr.
- Like Pachelbel's Canon
- Not Rep. or Dem.
- N.Y.C. subway
- Mich. neighbor
- Polit. label
- Unaffiliated: Abbr.
- Colts, on a scoreboard
- Third line on a ballot: Abbr.
- Line C, maybe, in a voting booth: Abbr.
- Home of Christmas Lake Village: Abbr.
- Home of many of the 1-Across: Abbr.
- Poll abbr.
- Not voting the party line: Abbr.
- Gary's home: Abbr.
- Like some tickets: Abbr.
- Not the party sort: Abbr.
- Polit. maverick
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Ind \Ind\ ([i^]nd), prop. n.
Ind or IND may refer to:
- IND, the Index control character in the C0 and C1 control codes
- Immigration and Nationality Directorate, a former part of the Home Office, a department of the United Kingdom government
- Immigration and Naturalisation Service (Netherlands) (Dutch: Immigratie en Naturalisatiedienst), the organization that handles the admission of foreigners in the Netherlands
- Independent News Distributors, a defunct comics and magazine distributor
- Improvised nuclear device, theoretical illicit nuclear weapons
- Independent (politician), a politician not affiliated to any political party
- Independent station, used within television program listings and the television industry for a station that is not affiliated with any network
- Independent Subway System, a former rapid transit rail system in New York City that is now part of the New York City Subway
- India, officially the Republic of India, a country in South Asia
- Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Indianapolis (Amtrak station), a railway station in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Indianapolis International Airport, an airport located in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States by IATA code
- Individualism Index, a measure of a person's independence from organizations or collectivity
- Indonesian language, the official language of Indonesia
- Induced representation, in mathematics, an operation for passing from a representation of a subgroup to a representation of the group itself
- Indus (constellation), a constellation in the southern sky
- Institute of Notre Dame, a high school in Baltimore, Maryland
- International Nurses Day, celebrated in early May of each year to mark the contributions nurses make to society
- Interplanetary Network Directorate, a branch of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory that manages the agency's Deep Space Network
- Investigational New Drug, a designation by the United States Food and Drug Administration for an experimental drug that has not yet been approved for marketing but can be transported within the United States across state lines
- Iota Nu Delta Fraternity, Inc., the world's First South-Asian Interest Fraternity
- NFL's Indianapolis Colts and NBA's Indiana Pacers
Usage examples of "ind".
My life on it, the lad brings us out right in the ind, as he would have done in the beginning had we given him leave.
Aryz, even with the limited perspective of a branch ind, was aware that, on the whole, the humans opposing the seedship were more adaptable, more vital.
Everything was UV with anxiety, and the new branch ind on the wall had to be shielded by a special silicate cup to prevent distortion.
In a mature team, only when a branch ind was destroyed did the brood mind induce a replacement.
Almost immediately she comes across a branch ind, sliding through the ammonia film against the outrushing wind, trying to reach an armored cubicle.
Somewhere, far off, he feels the distressed pulse of another branch ind dying.
Before he ended, he saw with surprising clarity what it was to be a branch ind, or a brood mind, or a human.
Whoever should colonize this ind would have a veritable Eden full of illimitable game, wild fruits, forests ar shipbuilding and town-building, grazing lands without measure, rivers nd streams of pure water.
The weeping had calmed and satisfied her heart, ind she could feel the vastness of the world and the great roundness of time.
Smallpox and the other diseases have already killed ten times as many indians on this continent as all the wars together have done, ind, yes, even more dian whiskey and rum, too!
Aryz, even with the limited perspective of a branch ind, was aware that, on the whole, the humans opposing the seed-ship were more adaptable, more vital.
For a time in their youth, in their liquid-dwelling larval form, the branch inds carried their own sacs of data, each a fragment of the total necessary for complete memory.
Most branch inds would have dissipated under such a burden, but not Aryz.
The other branch inds observed his passings from a distance, making no judgments.
With perceptions attuned to the radio and microwave frequencies, they had before long turned groups of branch inds into radio telescope chains, piercing the heavy atmosphere and probing the universe in great detail, especially the very active center of the young galaxy.