Crossword clues for hora
- Circular dance
- Ring event after exchanging rings
- Dance at some weddings
- Part of a wedding celebration
- Circle of friends at a party, perhaps
- Joyous wedding dance
- Dance that might give you a lift?
- Romanian wedding dance
- "Hava Nagila" dance
- Rumanian dance
- Bar mitzvah party staple
- Jewish wedding ring?
- Caesar's hour
- Dance of Israel
- Romanian folk dance
- Rumanian round dance
- Haifa dance
- Israeli circle dance
- Israeli folk dance
- Rumanian folk dance
- Folk dance
- Book of hours
- Sixty minutes, in Spain
- Juan's hour
- Dance in Tel Aviv
- Folk dance performed in a circle
- Sabra's dance
- Israeli round dance
- "___ fugit"
- Romanian dance
- Round dance of Rumania
- Israeli reel
- Dance in a shtetl
- Celebratory dance
- Brisk dance
- Kibbutzniks' dance
- Joyful dance
- Jewish wedding dance
- Wedding dance
- "Que ___ es?" (Spanish 101 question)
- Dance at a Jewish wedding
- Ring dance
- Lively dance
- Israeli dance
- Kibbutz dance
- Jewish dance
- Chair-raising experience?
- Circle dance
- Lively circle?
- Bar mitzvah dance
- Round dance
- Bar mitzvah highlight
- Lively folk dance
- It's done while holding hands
- Bathroom items
- Dance in a circle
- Jewish round dance
- Ring after exchanging rings?
- Dance around a high chair?
- Dance done to "Hava Nagila"
- Wedding ring?
- Dance typically done to "Hava Nagila"
- Reynolds of "Boogie Nights"
- DivisiГіn del dГa
The Collaborative International Dictionary
n. A circle dance popular in the Balkans and Israel.
Hora, also known as horo and oro, is a type of circle dance originating in the Balkans but also found in other countries.
"Hora" ( Hebrew script: הורה, English translation: " Hora") was the Israeli entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1982, performed in Hebrew by Avi Toledano and winning second place, but missed 61 points ahead of that year's winning country, Germany
The song is a moderately up-tempo number, with Toledano singing about the joy he feels in seeing parts of his country and dancing the traditional "Hora" folk dance.
The song was performed fifteenth on the night, following Yugoslavia's Aska with " Halo, Halo" and preceding the Netherlands' Bill van Dijk with " Jij en ik"). At the close of voting, it had received 100 points, placing 2nd in a field of 18.
It was succeeded as Israeli representative at the 1983 Contest by Ofra Haza with " Hi" that also won Israel the second place.
Category:Eurovision songs of Israel Category:Israeli songs
Horā ( Sanskrit होरा, "hour", from the word ahorātra ) is a branch of the traditional Indian system of astrology known as . It deals with the finer points of predictive methods, as distinct from Siddhānta ( astronomy proper) and ( mundane astrology).
The various aspects of hora are:
- Jātaka Shāstra / Hora Shāstra ( Natal astrology / horoscopy): Prediction based on individual horoscope.
- Muhurta or Muhurtha ( Electional astrology): Selection of beneficial time to initiate an activity to get maximum fruition from the life activities.
- Swara Shāstra ( Phonetical astrology): Predictions based on name & sounds.
- Prashna ( Horary astrology): Predictions based on time when a question is asked by querent / querist.
- Ankjyotish / Kabala ( Numerology): A branch of astrology based on numbers.
- Nadi Astrology: An ancient treatise having detailed predictions for individuals.
- Tajika Shāstra / Varsha Phal ( Annual Horoscopy): Astrology based on annual solar returns.
- Jaimini Sutras: A non-conventional method of timing of events used by Indian astrologer Acharya Jaimini.
- Nastjātakam ( Lost Horoscopy): Art of tracing / construction of lost horoscopes.
- Streejātaka ( female astrology): A special branch of astrology dealing with female nativities.
- Graha Samudriki ( Astro-Palmistry): Palm reading as horoscope.
- Hasta Rekha / Samudrika Shāstra ( Palmistry): Based on palm reading.
- Padatala Shāstra ( Plantarology): Based on reading of lines & signs on the sole.
- Shakuna Shāstra ( Omens): Predictions based on omens & portents.
- Swapna Vidya : Interpretation of dreams.
- Kapala Vidya ( Phrenology)
- Ākriti Vidya ( Physiognomy): Based on structure & moles on the body.
- Kerala Jyotisha: Predictions based on querrist reply regarding name of flower or colour or touching part of body.
- Remedial Astrology: Various modes of propitiation of planets based on planetary positions in nativity, transits, elections & for religious functions.
Hora is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Josef Hora (1891–1945), Czech poet
- Sunder Lal Hora (1896-1955), Indian ichthyologist
- Heinrich Hora (born 1931), German-Australian theoretical physicist
Usage examples of "hora".
Vai ver, mesmo na hora do sexo fica pensando no que fariam os personagens de seus livros nessas horas.
Deixou para o fim, para a hora da sobremesa, a curiosidade sobre a religiosidade de Liv.
Abracei-a e ela me disse com a voz espremida: - Chegou a hora, Tatziu!
Revuelta is a wealthy Cuban expatriate who is suspected of financing Ultima Hora, a group of Cuban mercenaries bent upon retaking the island.
But during his three-hour period each day, he drilled his Ultima Hora for their forays into Cuba.
Please tell Uncle Sam for me that Ultima Hora remains firmly on the agreed-upon timetable.
Ultima Hora was a dry highland surrounded by mangrove-festooned sentries, standing ankle-deep in stagnant water.
He had wanted the guy who gave the orders to have Ultima Hora slaughtered.
Master of Sinanju heard the scream while he was making the soldiers of Ultima Hora hors de combat.
Ultima Hora force trapped in the hold, milling about, their arms hanging numb at their sides.
Inasmuch as there seem to have been few survivors among Ultima Hora and the Beasley operatives, the suppression of the truth will be comparatively easy.
Poloniensis obiit: natus anno 1530 die 13 Januarii, hora quarta mane min.
April 22nd, nocte hora 9 terribilis et falsa accusatio vel suspicio, quod Puccia annunciavit contra D.
My Lord sent Critzin with his compliments unto me, and to offer me help, hora prima a meridie.
Her Majestie gratiously accepted of my few lynes of thankfulnes delivered unto her by the Cowntess of Warwik hora secunda a meridie at Hampton Court, two or three dayes before the remove to Somerset Howse.