Honeywell International, Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate company that produces a variety of commercial and consumer products, engineering services and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments. The company operates three business units, known as Strategic Business Units – Honeywell Aerospace, Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions, and Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company. In 2016, Honeywell ranked 75th in the Fortune 500. Honeywell has a global workforce of approximately 130,000, of whom approximately 58,000 are employed in the United States. The company is headquartered in Morris Plains, New Jersey. Its current chief executive officer is David M. Cote. The company and its corporate predecessors were part of the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index from December 7, 1925 until February 9, 2008.
The company's current name, Honeywell International Inc., is the product of a merger in which Honeywell Inc. was acquired by the much larger AlliedSignal in 1999. The company headquarters were consolidated with AlliedSignal's headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey; however the combined company chose the name "Honeywell" because of its superior brand recognition. In 2015, the headquarters were moved to Morris Plains.
Honeywell has many brands that commercial and retail consumers may recognize, including its line of home thermostats (particularly the iconic round type) and Garrett turbochargers. In addition to consumer home products Honeywell itself produces, such as thermostats, sensors, security alarm systems, and air cleaners and dehumidifiers, the company also licenses its brand name for use in various retail products made by partner manufacturers such as air conditioners, heaters, fans, security safes, home generators, and paper shredders.
Honeywell can refer to:
Honeywell, an American multinational corporation
- Mark C. Honeywell, founder of Honeywell
- Honeywell 200, a computer by Honeywell
- Honeywell 316, a computer by Honeywell
- Honeywell 6000 series, a computer by Honeywell
- Honeywell LTS101, a turbofan engine by Honeywell
- Honeywell TFE731, a turboshaft engine by Honeywell
- Honeywell Center, an admin center of Honeywell's
- Honeywell Uranium Hexafluoride Processing Facility, a uranium conversion facility of Honeywell's
- Honeywell project, an organisation to convince Honeywell to stop manufacturing weapons
- Honeywell v. Sperry Rand, a US court case involving Honeywell Corp
- Honeywell, South Yorkshire, a village in the UK
- Frank Honeywell, a US author
- Sarah-Jane Honeywell, a UK television presenter
- Honeywell (band), a hardcore punk band that helped pioneer the screamo genre of music