HLN (formerly Headline News) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner. The channel is a spin-off of the U.S. Cable News Network.
The channel was originally structured to feature a tightly formatted, 30-minute newscast that was rebroadcast each half-hour, 24 hours a day, with freshly updated information that briefly covered various areas of interest (such as national news, sports, entertainment, weather and business). Since 2005, however, its format has increasingly shifted to long-form tabloid-, opinion-, crime-, and entertainment news-related programming. In 2014, the network further re-focused with an emphasis on social media.
As of July 2015, HLN is available to approximately 97 million American households (83.4% of households with at least one television set) in the United States making it the most distributed American cable network. Since the mid-2000s, HLN has been available internationally on cable and satellite in parts of Asia, the Caribbean, South America, Middle East and North Africa
HLN may refer to:
- HLN (TV channel), an American news network
- Harlington railway station, in England
- Helena Regional Airport, in Montana, United States
- Het Laatste Nieuws ("The Latest News"), a Belgian Dutch-language newspaper
- Hlavní nádraží (disambiguation)
- Horizon League Network
- Hikami-Larkin-Nagaoka equation, describing weak localization