Crossword clues for hiller
Housing Units (2000): 567
Land area (2000): 1.517053 sq. miles (3.929149 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.048246 sq. miles (0.124957 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 1.565299 sq. miles (4.054106 sq. km)
FIPS code: 34784
Located within: Pennsylvania (PA), FIPS 42
Location: 40.009210 N, 79.904558 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 15444
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Hiller may refer to:
- Hiller (surname)
- Hiller, Pennsylvania
Hiller Aircraft Corporation:
- Hiller Hornet
- Hiller Flying Platform
- Tanner-Hiller Airport
- Hiller Aviation Museum
- Hiller X-18
- Fairchild Hiller FH-227
- YH-32 Hornet
Hiller is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Arthur Hiller (1923–2016), Canadian film director
- Arthur Hiller (1881–1941), German football player
- Chuck Hiller (1934–2004), former baseball player
- Ferdinand Hiller (1811–1885), German composer (born Ferdinand Hildesheim)
- Friedrich Adam Hiller (c. 1767-1812), German composer, son of Johann Adam Hiller
- H. Gustave Hiller (1865–1946), artist and stained glass designer
- Hiram M. Hiller, Jr. (1867–1921), American physician and ethnographer
- Holger Hiller, (born 1956), German musician
- István Hiller, Hungarian politician
- Jim Hiller, ice hockey coach and retired player
- Johann Adam Hiller (1728–1804), German composer
- Johann von Hiller (1754–1819), Austrian general
- John Hiller, former baseball pitcher
- Jonas Hiller, ice hockey goalkeeper
- Kurt Hiller (1885-1972), German socialist writer
- Lejaren Hiller (born 1924), American composer
- Marius Hiller (1892–1964), German football player
- Scott Hiller, lacrosse coach
- Stanley Hiller (1924–2006), one of the early developers of the helicopter
- Wendy Hiller (1912–2003), English actress
Usage examples of "hiller".
Ward Hiller sat erect in his chair and stared with fascinated eyes at the iconoscope receiver.
Gospadin Bundelcund, as he was named, had been on intimate terms with all the great virtuosi of his day, and had heard Beethoven, Steibelt, Czerny, Woelfl, Kalkbrenner, Cramer, Hummel, Field, Hiller, Chopin, Mendelssohn, Liszt, Henselt, and also many minor lights of pianism whose names have almost faded from memory.
Wyndham Weatherton had won the senatorship of a Midwestern state, partly due to the astute management of Ward Hiller.
It was grim proof that Archie Hiller liked to smoke menthol cigarettes, and was worried enough by recent events to try to hide that fact!
Hiller asked me to find out if you got those menthol cigarettes all right.
In 1853 Bruch gained the Mozart Stipendium of 400 gulden per annum for four years at Frankfort-on-Main, and for the following few years studied under Hiller, Reinecke and Breunung.
Strang ers continued to pour into Khoratum, and they all seemed to drift eventually to Bharlori's, either as customers or, like this lot, hillers from a distant valley who had come to Khor atum to take advantage of that local growth.
Hiller looked straight at the redhead, cool and attentive, and the redhead, bulging his muscles against a dirty rag he held behind his back, was apparently trying to build, with his knob-toed feet, a hatch to fall through.