Housing Units (2000): 432
Land area (2000): 1.911188 sq. miles (4.949953 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 1.911188 sq. miles (4.949953 sq. km)
FIPS code: 28980
Located within: South Dakota (SD), FIPS 46
Location: 44.518700 N, 99.441106 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 57345
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Highmore is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Anthony Highmore (1719–1799), English artist
- Edward Highmore (born 1961), English actor
- Freddie Highmore (born 1992), English actor
- Joseph Highmore (1692–1780), British painter
- Nathaniel Highmore (surgeon) (1613–1685), British surgeon
- Sir Nathaniel Highmore (barrister) (1844–1924), British civil servant and barrister
- Susanna Highmore (1690–1750), British poet
Usage examples of "highmore".
Young speaks of a fetus which lay encysted between the laminae of the transverse mesocolon, and Highmore published a report of a fetus in a cyst communicating with the duodenum.
Jane Highmore made a great point of her not being left alone, but Mrs.
It was very well to talk with Jane Highmore about his standing alone: the eminent relief of this position had brought him to the verge of ruin.
I recognised Jane Highmore and instantly paused till she should drive down to me.
Those next times I had spoken of to Jane Highmore, I see them simplified by retrocession.
Jane Highmore, to my knowledge, wanted to lend him money, and there were even greater devotees who did their best to induce him to lean on them.
Humphrey Highmore, not Dora, had been the one who told me the most about the Lodge.