Highmark is a private healthcare company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It is the largest health insurer in Pennsylvania, and through a purchase in 1996, the largest health insurer in West Virginia and also later Delaware. As Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, it primarily serves the 29 counties of western Pennsylvania. As Highmark Blue Shield, it serves 21 counties in Central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley. There is also a presence in the border areas of eastern Ohio, and all of West Virginia through its subsidiary, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia. Highmark acquired the largest health insurer in northeastern Pennsylvania, Blue Cross of North East Pennsylvania, BCNEPA, in July 2015. It is currently the largest individual not-for-profit health insurer in the United States, which operates several for-profit subsidiaries.
Highmark can refer to:
- Highmark, a health insurance company in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Highmarking, a snowmobile activity
- Highmark Shoes, an industrial footwear manufacturer in Australia
- HighMark Funds, a mutual fund family
- HighMark (seating), an executive and ergonomic seating manufacturer