Crossword clues for hes
- "___ Mine" (1957 hit by the Platters)
- "___ a Tramp" ("Lady and the Tramp" tune)
- "___ in Love" ("Kismet" song)
- Bucks and rams
- 1942 Harry James hit "___ My Guy"
- Bucks, e.g.
- Jack and billy
- "___ Just Not That Into You" (2009 film)
- Bulls, e.g.
- "For ___ a ..."
- Rams, but not dams
- Attendees of 3-Down
- "___ ba-a-ack!"
- Opposites of 22-Acrosses
- "___ Your Dog, Charlie Brown" (1968 TV special)
- Ganders, e.g.
- Jackasses, e.g.
- Billie Holiday's "___ Funny That Way"
- Drones and such
- "___ Mine" (hit of 1957 or 1995)
- "___ a real nowhere man ..."
- Stag attendees
- "For _____ a jolly..."
- Stag goers
- "___ So Fine" (1963 hit)
- The Platters' "___ Mine"
- "For ___ a jolly..."
- Cocks and bulls
- "___ So Fine"
- The Crystals' "___ a Rebel"
- "___ a Rebel" (1962 #1 hit)
- The Pointer Sisters' "___ So Shy"
- Peggy Lee's "___ a Tramp"
- Fathers and sons
- Cock and bull
- Bulls, rams and bucks
- "For ___ a jolly вЂ¦"
- Tenors and altos
- Tom, Dick and Harry
- "For ___ a jolly good fellow"
- "___ So Fine," #1 Chiffons hit
Etymology 1 alt. (label en nonstandard uncommon) (alternative form of his English) when pronounced as ''he's''; belonging to him. det. (label en nonstandard uncommon) (alternative form of his English) when pronounced as ''he's''; belonging to him. pron. (label en nonstandard uncommon) (alternative form of his English) when pronounced as ''he's''; that that belongs to him. Etymology 2
contraction (label en informal nonstandard) (alternative form of he's English)
Hes or HES may refer to:
- Environment, health and safety
- Harbour Air Seaplanes, a Canadian airline
- Harvard Extension School
- Health Survey for England
- Hermiston Municipal Airport in Oregon, United States
- HES School of Economics and Business, in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Hessle railway station, in England
- Historic Environment Scotland
- Historical European swordsmanship
- Home Energy Saver, an online home energy analysis tool
- Home Energy Station
- Home Entertainment Suppliers
- Homosexualités et Socialisme, a faction within the Parti Socialiste in France
- Hospital Episode Statistics, an NHS database in England
- Huayu Enrichment Scholarship, in Taiwan
- Human embryonic stem cell
- Human Engineered Software, an early 1980s American video game publisher
- Hydroxyethyl starch
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome
- Hypertext Editing System
- Isis, an Egyptian goddess
- Vilém Heš (1860-1908), Czech operatic bass
- Harry Edward Styles
Usage examples of "hes".
He had tried several times to speak to her while in Hes, but always she had feigned tiredness or some pressing business, and she never seemed to require his bodyguard services anymore, the way she had during their first weeks together.
Castle Hes, Princess Cassandra of Reec cocked an eyebrow toward the window, marveling at the soldiers approaching her home.
High in a tower of Castle Hes, Princess Cassandra of Reec cocked an eyebrow toward the window, marveling at the soldiers approaching her home.
Despite the obvious welcome Hes was giving Akeela, the Bronze Knight cringed inwardly.
His armored horse snorted its disdain, and Lukien rode across the threshold of Hes, into the midst of his enemies.
Castle Hes, a twin-towered citadel of gray stone slicing across the sky.
The gates closed silently behind them, and Castle Hes beckoned them forward.
Stableboys and milkmaids had gathered in the yard, and the wide portcullis of Castle Hes had been raised, bidding them enter.
From high in the tower, Hes looked much the same as Koth, and the similarity triggered unpleasant memories.
For Akeela, their trip to Hes had been a complete success, but for Lukien it had been surreal.
Cassandra moved through the hallways of Castle Hes, floating with anticipation.
Castle Hes had been a prison for Lukien, a very pleasant place to die slowly.
From the moment Akeela had gone, they had shared Castle Hes like two uneasy house guests.
It was a perfect day and her holiday from Castle Hes had been delightful, yet still she was restless, unable to get Lukien out of her mind.
None of the boys in Castle Hes had ever stirred such emotion in her, and she knew that was because they were simply boys, while Lukien was a man.