Crossword clues for heinz
The H. J. Heinz Company, or Heinz, is an American food processing company with world headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was founded by Henry John Heinz in 1869. The H. J. Heinz Company manufactures thousands of food products in plants on six continents, and markets these products in more than 200 countries and territories. The company claims to have 150 number-one or number-two brands worldwide. Heinz ranked first in ketchup in the US with a market share in excess of 50%; Ore-Ida label held 46% of the frozen-potato sector in 2003.
Since 1896, the company has used its " 57 Varieties" slogan; it was inspired by a sign advertising 21 styles of shoes, and Henry Heinz chose the number 57 even though the company manufactured more than 60 products at the time.
On February 14, 2013, Heinz agreed to be purchased by Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital for $23 billion. On March 25, 2015, Kraft announced its merger with Heinz, arranged by Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital. The resulting Kraft Heinz Company is the fifth largest food company in the world. Berkshire Hathaway became a majority owner of Heinz on June 18, 2015. After exercising a warrant to acquire 46,195,652 shares of common stock for a total price of $461,956.52, Berkshire increased its stake to 52.5%. The companies completed the merger on July 2, 2015.
Heinz is an American food conglomerate based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Heinz may also refer to:
Heinz is a German surname and cognate of Henry. People with this surname name include:
- André Heinz (born 1969), an American environmentalist
- Bob Heinz (born 1947), a former American football defensive tackle
- Christopher Heinz (born 1973), an American businessman
- Drue Heinz, American arts patron
- Erhard Heinz (born 1924), a German mathematician
- George Heinz, an Australian rules footballer
- Gerard Heinz (1904–1972), a German actor
- Henry J. Heinz (1844–1919), Founder of H. J. Heinz Company
- H. J. Heinz II (1908–1987), one time CEO of H. J. Heinz Company and father of Senator John Heinz
- H. John Heinz III (1938–1991), U.S. senator from Pennsylvania
- Katharina Heinz (born 1987), a German skeleton racer
- Marek Heinz (born 1977), Czech football player
- Matthew Heinz (born 1977), an American doctor and politician
- Pius Heinz (born 1989), German professional poker player
- Teresa Heinz (born 1938), wife of US presidential candidate John Kerry, former widow of US senator John Heinz
- Tim Heinz (born 1984), a Luxembourg footballer
- W. C. Heinz (1915–2008), American sportswriter
- Wolfgang Heinz (actor) (1900–1984)
- Wolfgang Heinz (criminologist) (born 1942)
- Wolfgang Heinz (politician) (born 1938)
- Willi Heinz (born 1986), a New Zealand rugby union footballer
Heinz, is a German given name, a diminutive of Heinrich and cognate of the given name Henry. Notable persons with that given name include: