Crossword clues for hdl
The Collaborative International Dictionary
HDL \HDL\ ([=a]ch`d[=e]*[e^]l"), n. High density lipoprotein, a lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood; high levels are thought to be associated with decreased risk of coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis; sometimes called good cholesterol. Contrasted with LDL.
Syn: high-density lipoprotein.
HDL may refer to one of the following:
- Hardware description language
- Handle System identifier (Hdl.handle.net)
- High-density lipoprotein, so-called "good cholesterol"
- Les Hurlements d'Léo, an alternative rock band from France.
- GE HDL diesel engine
- Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Disney-characters, nephews of Donald Duck
- HDL System is the HDL Universal Tactical role-playing game system produced by Tremorworks, LLC
- Huntington's disease-like syndromes, a family of genetic neurological diseases
Usage examples of "hdl".
Moderate drinkers can raise their glasses again: alcohol increases the best kind of apolipoprotein, known as apo A-l, just as effectively as it increases the level of HDLs.
HDLs were the trendy blood component of the 1980s, something called apolipoproteins will surely become the blood buzzword of the nineties.
The latest research tentatively demonstrates that the level of certain apolipoproteins in your bloodstream predicts your chances of having a heart attack even more accurately than the HDLs do.