Crossword clues for han
- Dynasty in which Confucianism became dominant
- Solo in science fiction
- Old Chinese dynasty
- ___ Solo, Harrison Ford role
- Yangtze tributary
- Chinese dynasty at the time of Christ
- ___ characters (common Chinese writing)
- China's ___ dynasty
- Qin dynasty follower
- Largest ethnic group in China
- Solo in the movies
- With 41-Down, Ford part
- ___ Solo (Ford role)
- Dynasty after the Qin
- Chinese dynasty preceding the Three Kingdoms
- Chinese dynasty during the time of Christ
- Solo on the big screen
- Solo pilot?
- ___ characters (basic means of writing Chinese)
- Chinese dynasty after the Qin
- River or dynasty name
- River through Seoul
- Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy
- Solo in space
- Solo of "Star Wars"
- _____ Solo of "Star Wars"
- Chinese dynasty
- Liu Pang's dynasty
- Early Eastern dynasty
- Chinese dynasty when Jesus lived
- Ch'in dynasty follower
- "Star Wars" name
- Chinese dynasty 2000 years ago
- 2,000-year-old Chinese dynasty
- Yangtze feeder
- Chinese dynasty name
- ___ Solo of "Star Wars"
- Dynasty after Ch'in
- With 22-Across, movie hero of 1977
- Chinese dynasty of 2,000 years ago
- Dynasty after the Ch'in
- Millennium Falcon pilot ___ Solo
- China's largest ethnic group
- River to the Yangtze
- ___ Solo, love interest of 116-Across
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Han \Han\ (h[a^]n), contr. inf. & plural pres. of Haven.
To have; have. [Obs.]
Him thanken all, and thus they han an end.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
Chinese dynasty, 206 B.C.E.-220 C.E., its rule marked by prosperity, military success, and the introduction of Buddhism.
Han may refer to:
Han (, Old Chinese: *) was an ancient Chinese state during the Warring States period of ancient China, located in modern-day Shanxi and Henan.
Its territory directly blocked the passage of the state of Qin into the North China Plain and thus it was a frequent target of Qin's military operations. Although Han had attempted several self-strengthening reforms (notably under the noted legalist Shen Buhai), it never overcame Qin and was instead the first of the warring states to be conquered by it.
The Qin invasion of Han's Shangdang Commandery ushered in the bloodiest battle of the whole period (at Changping) in 260 .
Han or Haan is a concept in Korean culture attributed as a unique Korean cultural trait which has resulted from Korea's frequent exposure to invasions by overwhelming foreign powers. Han denotes a collective feeling of oppression and isolation in the face of insurmountable odds (the overcoming of which is beyond the nation's capabilities on its own). It connotes aspects of lament and unavenged injustice.
The minjung theologian Suh Nam-dong describes han as a "feeling of unresolved resentment against injustices suffered, a sense of helplessness because of the overwhelming odds against one, a feeling of acute pain in one's guts and bowels, making the whole body writhe and squirm, and an obstinate urge to take revenge and to right the wrong—all these combined."
Han (; ) is a common Chinese surname. The spelling "Han" is based on China's pinyin system and so used throughout Mainland China. Spelling can vary from 'Hon' in Cantonese-speaking areas to 'Hang' in Hainan.
Less common Chinese surnames romanized as Han include: 寒 (Hán) and 汉/漢 (Hàn). Han (韩) is currently ranked 25th in China in terms of the number of bearers at around 8 million persons.
The Hän (also Hankutchin or ' Han') are a First Nations people of Canada and an Alaska Native Athabaskan people of the United States; they are part of the Athabaskan-speaking ethnolinguistic group. Their traditional lands centered on a heavily forested area around the Yukon River and straddling what is now the Alaska- Yukon Territory border. In later times, the Han population became centered in Dawson City, Yukon and Eagle, Alaska.
Han is used as a name for many people.
- Han (surname) (韓/韩/Hán)
- Han (Korean surname) (韓/한)
This is a list of people with Han in their name:
- Han Bennink, Dutch jazz musician.
- Han De, Wei officer
- Han Dongfang, Chinese human rights activist.
- Han Fei, Chinese philosopher who developed the Chinese philosophy of Legalism.
- Han Fu (disambiguation), multiple people
- Han Gan, Chinese painter of the Tang Dynasty.
- Han Hao, probably a Chinese officer who served under Cao Cao.
- Han Hoogerbrugge, Dutch digital artist.
- Han Ji-min, actress.
- Han Juzi, Chinese officer who served under Yuan Shao.
- Han Kulker, Dutch middle distance runner.
- Han Kuo-Huang, Chinese-born American ethnomusicologist.
- Han Mahmud, a Kurd lord.
- Han Shaogong, prominent and innovative Chinese writer.
- Han Sui, military leader of the Han Dynasty and Three Kingdoms era of China.
- Han Tuozhou, Chinese statesman of the Southern Song Dynasty.
- Han Xianchu, general of the Chinese Communist armed forces.
- Han Xiang, one of the Eight Immortals.
- Han Xiaopeng, Chinese freestyle skier and Olympic gold medalist.
- King Xin of Han, a vassal ruler under Emperor Gaozu of Han
- Han Xin, Chinese general.
- Han Xinyun - Female Chinese Tennis Player
- Han Xuan, governor of Changsha during the Han Dynasty and Three Kingdoms era of China.
- Han Yin.
- Han Yong-un, Korean Buddhist reformer and poet.
- Han Yu, poet.
- Han Zhangluan, official of the Northern Qi Dynasty of China.
- Han Zheng, mayor of Shanghai.
- Han Zhong, probably a high-ranking Chinese general of the Yellow Turbans.
- Hon Sui Sen politician (Singaporean spelling of Han).
- Jeen Han a.k.a. Gina Han, and Sunny Han, of the Han twins murder conspiracy.
- Jefferson Y. Han, research scientist.
- Jiawei Han, computer scientist.
- Keiko Han, Japanese voice actor.
- Lu Han, Chinese singer
- Mei Han, Chinese musician.
- Raymond Han (born 1931), an American/Hawaiian painter
- Tian Han, Chinese playwright, best known for writing the lyrics of the "March of the Volunteers".
- Yuny Han, South Korean actress.
- Zhang Han (disambiguation), multiple people
Han ( Hangul 한, Hanja 韓) is the typical Romanised spelling of the Korean family name. Other alternate spellings for 한 include Hahn and Haan. In Sino-Korean, it translates to "country" or "leader."
The State of Han , was a minor state that existed during the Western Zhou Dynasty and early Spring and Autumn Period, and centered on modern day Hancheng and Hejin. The state was created for a son, known historically as the Marquess of Han , of King Wu of Zhou in 11th century BC. The rulers held the rank of marquess and ancestral name of Ji . Han was conquered by the State of Jin and enfeoffed to Wuzi of Han in 8th century BC.
Usage examples of "han".
For all I know, she could be a contemporary Mata Han with a secret agenda that forebodes ill for the future Kappa Theta Eta alumnae pool.
Dugo Bagy said with an obviously nervous chuckle, and he moved to the seat even as he spoke, Han taking a chair on one side of him, Chewie on the other.
Dugo Bagy leaned in, and Han and Chewie did likewise, the three going into an informal huddle.
Dugo Bagy said, and his tone revealed clearly to Han why he had been so nervous when first confronted.
Han answered dryly, and he rose, and Chewie did, too, and when Dugo Bagy started to get up, Chewie put a huge paw on his shoulder and pushed him back down into his seat.
Despite his bawling like a pig with a cut hock, no one did anything foolish, for which Liu Han was heartily glad.
EPILOGUE Han was sitting on a shingle of a beach on Mon Calamari, silently enjoying the sunset with Leia, when Lando Cal-rissian came calling.
Lady Carbinol lent Han her parka when they reached the pillbox at the top, and Han, Leia in her tsuit, and Drost Elegin--the only other member of the little group to have a parka with him--struggled, with Chewbacca and the droid, over the uneven path that wound through the sheltering backbone of the rock to the ice landing pad and its low white Hangar.
Han really could use: a master coder, to override palmprint, retinal, and voice-ID security circuits.
Ford Prefect brought it careering down among the gantries and landing lights at Han Dold spaceport, where it settled like a gigantic, startled and very noisy gnat.
In this fashion, the Han gradually evolved a number of dominant ideas that amalgamated Confucianism into a state philosophy.
The Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet used the naval system of ranks, so captain was a command-grade rankthe equivalent of colonel in terms of Galactic Alliance ground forcesand Han could think of only one reason a command officer would fly a patrol mission.
It showed Fest standing in his doorway, saying good-bye to Haavikko and the Han.
Finally, the groggy voice of General Rieekan, who had been called out of retirement to command the PDF, demanded an explanation from Han.
The last three men, Vespasio, Han, and Huerta, would head for the POW compound.