Guran is a character from The Phantom comic strip, and is the Phantom's best friend since childhood. According to Lee Falk's novel The Story of the Phantom: The Ghost Who Walks, he is ten years older than Kit Walker (a.k.a. The Phantom). The two grew up together in the deep woods of Bangalla, where Guran taught the Phantom the ways of the Bandar tribe. Guran was the Phantom's best man when he married his girlfriend since boyhood, Diana Palmer. Guran followed Kit to Clarksdale, Mississippi, where Kit studied while living with his aunt and uncle, Bessie and Sid, leaving him to become the first of the shy, isolated Bandar pigmies to learn how to read and write. He also brought Kit the message about Kit's dying father, the 20th Phantom, causing the 20-year-old college student to leave America to return to the Skull Cave, Bangalla, where he took up the mantle of the Phantom. Known for his characteristic clothing, he is usually seen wearing a special hat made of either blades of grass or wood. He is also the medicine man of the Bandar, and has saved the Phantom's life on a few occasions due to his knowledge of ancient Bangallan medicine, as well as modern western medicine.
Guran is a comic strip character.
Guran may also refer to:
- Guran, Haute-Garonne, a town in France
- Guran, Alborz, a village in Alborz Province, Iran
- Guran, East Azerbaijan, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Guran, Hormozgan, a village in Hormozgan Province, Iran
- Guran, Baft, a village in Kerman Province, Iran
- Guran, Zarand, a village in Kerman Province, Iran
- Guran-e Gowra, a village in Kermanshah Province, Iran
- Guran, Lorestan, a village in Lorestan Province, Iran
- Guran, Zanjan, a village in Zanjan Province, Iran
Guran is a Kurdish tribe. They live in Hawraman region near Iran-Iraqi border. Some of them believe Yarsanism and others are Muslim. They speak Hawrami dialects, a kind of Gorani language.