Crossword clues for gupta
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
4c.-6c. North Indian dynasty, from Chandragupta, name of the founder.
Gupta (; Devanagari: गुप्ता) is a common surname of Indian origin.
According to some academics, the name Gupta is derived from Sanskritgoptri, meaning 'protector' or 'governor'. According to prominent historian R. C. Majumdar, the surname Gupta was adopted by several different communities in northern and eastern India at different times.
Gupta is a common Indian surname.
Gupta may also refer to:
- Gupta Empire
- Gupta script, the script used for writing Sanskrit during the Gupta Empire in India
- Gupta–Bleuler formalism, a way of quantizing the electromagnetic field.
- Gupta Technologies, a software development company
- Gupta, a main character in the TV series Outsourced portrayed by Parvesh Cheena
- Gupta family, a South African business family.
Usage examples of "gupta".
It is written in a script known as Gupta Brahmi, but composed of Sanskrit verses and prose.
Almsley would lead the initial assault force of Norrey's "mates," breaking into the building and distracting the dacoits, while Norrey, Gupta, and Peter tried to find the temple and the priestess.
Miles was torn between anxiety to proceed and an intense desire to sit down and study the place and date stamps on all those IDs, real and fake, before decanting Gupta.
But Mogaba loathed Selvas Gupta and his smugly holy attitude of superiority.
Gupta didn’t think it could be done at all, in the absence of science-fictional deflector shields or unobtainium hulls.
Gupta didnt think it could be done at all, in the absence of science-fictional deflector shields or unobtainium hulls.