Crossword clues for grun
Grün (sometimes transliterated as gruen), is a German surname meaning " green". Notable people with the surname include:
- Anastasius Grün, pseudonym of Count Anton Alexander von Auersperg (1806–1876), Austrian poet and liberal politician
- Anselm Grün, German Benedictine padre, author of spiritual books, and clerical advisor
- Arno Gruen, German psychologist and psychoanalyst
- David Grüen, birth name of politician David Ben-Gurion, Polish-Israeli first Prime Minister of Israel and Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization
- Derek Gruen, birth name of musician Del Marquis, the lead guitarist for the group Scissor Sisters
- Dietrich Gruen, founder of the Gruen Watch Company
- Eberhard Grün, German planetary scientist
- Erich S. Gruen, American classicist and ancient historian
- Fred Gruen, Australian economist, an early and influential voice in favour of free trade and tariff reductions in the 1960s and 1970s
- Frederick G. Gruen, son of Dietrich Gruen, player in Gruen Watch Company
- George J. Gruen, son of Dietrich Gruen, player in the Gruen Watch Company
- Georges Grün, a former football defender and a TV presenter for the UEFA Champions League matches at RTL TVI
- Stefan Grun, Australian rules football umpire in the AFL
- Victor Gruen (1903–1980), an Austrian-born commercial architect who emigrated to the United States in 1938 and is the father of the modern American shopping mall
- Hannah Gruen
Usage examples of "grun".
And you remember the work my Gran did years ago for the Royal School of Needlework, when she was an enthusiastic patron, not only supporting financially but actually plying the needle like billy-o.
Fortunately, Grun would never know that her knees were wobbling like jelly, and that if he had shouted at her, she would probably have run and hidden behind his suit of armour in the comer!