Gries may refer to:
- Gries am Brenner, a municipality in Tyrol, Austria
- Gries, Bas-Rhin, a municipality in the department Bas-Rhin, France
- Gries im Sellrain, a municipality in Tyrol, Austria
- Gries, Germany, a municipality in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Gries (Graz), the 5th city district of Graz, Austria
(German: Gries-Quirein), a borough of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
- Old Parish Church of Gries, Bolzano
- Gries Glacier (Griesgletscher), a 5 km long glacier (2005) situated in the Lepontine Alps in the canton of Valais in Switzerland
- Gries Pass, a mountain pass in the Alps, between Switzerland and Italy
- Corno Gries, a mountain in the Lepontine Alps on the Swiss -Italian border
Gries is also a surname derived from the Ancient Germanic word gris, meaning "gravel" or "stone".
- David Gries (born 1939), computer scientist at Cornell University
- Jon Gries (born 1957), American actor, writer and director
- Peter Gries, Harold J. & Ruth Newman Chair in US-China Issues and Director of the Institute for U.S.-China Issues
- Theo Gries (born 1961), German football coach and a retired player
- Tom Gries (1921–1977), American TV and film director, writer and producer
- Roger William Gries (born 1937), American Catholic bishop
- Stefan Th. Gries (born 1970), (Full) Professor of Linguistics at the University of California, Santa Barbara
The name may be spelled "Gries" or "Grice". Other forms of the name include "Griese", "Griesbaum", "Griesert", "Grieshaber", "Griesinger", "Griesman", "Griess", "Griffen" and "Griffin".
Gries is the 5th District of Graz. It is the location of Graz's red-light district.
Usage examples of "gries".
I'm talking with Captain Shane Gries who is the commander of Bravo Company.