vb. (obsolete spelling of glide English)
Glyde may refer to:
- Glyde Butler (1932–2000), politician
- Henry George Glyde (1906–1998), painter
- Lavington Glyde (1825–1890), South Australian politician
- Rosemary Glyde (1948–1994), violist and composer
- Samuel Dening Glyde (1842–1898), South Australian wheat merchant and politician, brother of William
- Tania Glyde, novelist
- William Dening Glyde (c. 1826–1901), South Australian wheat merchant and politician, brother of Samuel
Usage examples of "glyde".
This Maximus that saugh this thyng bityde, With pitous teeris tolde it anon-right, That he hir soules saugh to hevene glyde, With aungels ful of cleernesse and of light.
Wherfore, er that the sonne gan up glyde, She cleped on hir maistresse, hir bisyde, And seyde, that hir liste for to ryse.