Crossword clues for glossa
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Glossa \Glos"sa\, n.; pl. Gloss[ae]. [NL., fr. Gr. ? the tongue.] (Zo["o]l.) The tongue, or lingua, of an insect. See Hymenoptera.
n. (context zoology English) The tongue, or lingua, of an insect.
Glossa may refer to several things:
- glossa (γλῶσσα), a Greek word meaning " tongue" or " language", used in several English words including gloss, glossary, glossitis, and others
- Glossa (journal), a peer-reviewed academic journal of linguistics established as a competitor to Lingua
- glossai (glossai hosei puros) - Apostles' marvelous gift of understanding of all the languages from the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost
- glossa (music), a Spanish musical form, cultivated by Eduard Toldrà and others
- Glossa Music, a Spanish music label
- Glossa Ordinaria, a medieval scholarly Bible in which the text is surrounded by learned commentary
- Glossai Greek plural (Γλῶσσαι), a glossary by Hesychius of AlexandriaGlossae sacrae, Latin plural "holy tongues", a book which is an interpolation to Hesychius' work of a later date than his own
- Possible misspelling of Glosa (a constructed language)
Usage examples of "glossa".
If Agnes Herries ever stumbles on a glossa interlinearis there -will be civil war.