Gines is a municipality in the province of Seville, Andalusia, Spain.
Ginés is a Spanish personal name. It is the Spanish form of the Roman name " Genesius".
People with this name include:
- Ginés de la Jara, Spanish saint of the Early Middle Ages
As a place name San Ginés can refer to:
- San Ginés, Madrid, church in Madrid
- San Ginés, Arrecife, church in Arrecife, Lanzarote
- San Ginés, Guadalajara, church in Guadalajara, Spain
Other people with this personal name:
- Ginés González García (1945- ), Minister of Health and Environment of Argentina
- Ginés Pérez de Hita (1544-ca. 1605), Spanish novelist and poet
- Ginés de Mafra (1493-1546), Spanish explorer
- Ginés Pérez de la Parra (ca. 1548-1600), Valencian composer