Crossword clues for gidgee
n. 1 The Australian wattle (taxlink Acacia cambagei species noshow=1). 2 A type of long spear made from this wood.
n. scrubby Australian acacia having extremely foul-smelling blossoms [syn: stinking wattle, Acacia cambegei]
Gidgee may refer to any of a number of species of Acacia native to arid or semi-arid regions of Australia, or to the vegetation communities in which these species dominate:
- Most commonly Acacia cambagei
- Acacia argyrodendron, commonly known as "Black Gidgee"
- Acacia anastema, commonly known as "Sanddune dometrius" or just "Gidgee"
- Acacia pruinocarpa, commonly known as "Gidgee" or "Black Gidgee"
- Acacia subtessarogona, commonly known as "Spreading Gidgee"
- Acacia georginae, commonly known as "Georgina Gidgee"
Usage examples of "gidgee".
Soon after, he got the perturbing news the new jackeroo, a kid called Marshall, had been bitten by a desert taipan in the gidgee scrub out at Camp Moggill.