Gayles is a village and civil parish in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England. Gayles is established in the district ward of Gilling West. This small village consists of 80 households, with a total population (including Kirby Hill) of 180 according to the 2011 UK census. The area also includes two farms by the names of Gayles Hall Farm and Slip Farm. The village is roughly west of Darlington.
In 1870–72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales describes Gayles as follows: