Crossword clues for gatt
The Collaborative International Dictionary
GATT \GATT\ prop. n. [General Agreement on Tarriffs and Trade.] a United Nations agency created by a multinational treaty to promote trade by the reduction of tariffs and import quotas.
Syn: General Agreement on Tarriffs and Trade.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
1947, acronym from General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade.
GATT may refer to:
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade, a multilateral agreement on international trade under the framework of the World Trade Organization
- a "Generic Attribute Profile" in the Bluetooth short-range wireless communications protocol family.
- Graphics Address Translation Table
- Gamers Association of Trinidad and Tobago'''
Gatt may refer to:
- Gatt (surname), a surname with multiple origins
- Mike Gatting, an English cricketer
- Rani Gatt, archaeological site Pakistan
- Gatt, a nickname for a type of handgun
Gatt is a surname of Scottish as well as Southeast German origin, which can also be found in Malta.
In Bavarian speaking areas of Germany and Austria the name may derive from the Middle High German word gate (cf. German Gatte: husband, male spouse) for "companion", whereas in Scotland a derivation from the surname Gault or the Middle English gate meaning road, thoroughfare or passage, referring to a family's residence near a main road, is possible. As a Maltese surname it may be derived from the Italian ″gatto″ (engl.: cat) or the female given name Agata.
Notable people with the name Gatt include:
- Austin Gatt (born 1953), Maltese politician
- Clifford Gatt Baldacchino (born 1988), Maltese international footballer
- Jade Gatt (born 1978), Australian actor
- Joseph Gatt (born 1974), English actor
- Josephine Gatt Ciancio (born 1946), Maltese social scientist
- Joshua Gatt (born 1991), American soccer player
- Martin Gatt (born 1937), British classical bassoonist
Usage examples of "gatt".
As we headed into December, a little sanity crept back into political life when the House and the Senate passed the Global Agreement on Tariffs and Trade, GATT, with large bipartisan majorities.
Mike Chapman, Will Nedim, and I were sitting in my conference room with Helena Lisi, counsel for Tiffany Gatts.
Gatts, we stepped out of the room so Lisi and the teenager could confer privately.
Gatt has brought his own men from the States and recruited chicleros to help him in the forest.
Gatt must he a hell of a man if he could whip the chicleros into another attack after suffering losses like that.
In the end I risked it -- there wasn't anything Gatt could do to get at me short of inventing a depth charge to blow me up, and I didn't think he could do that at short notice.
This internationalized economy, run largely by transnational corporations and supernational banks are creating their own governmental structures, like GATT and NAFTA and the IMF and the World Bank and the G-7 meetings, etc.