n. a gun that fires gas shells
A gas gun can be:
- A projectile-firing gun powered by compressed air:
- Air gun
- Airsoft gun
- A Less-lethal launcher, especially when loaded with CS gas grenades.
- A Gas pistol
- Devices described as pneumatic cannons:
- Spud gun
- M61 Vulcan (also hydraulically operated)
- Dynamite gun
- A gun that fires a stream of gas. This can be for these purposes among others:-
- To generate a loud noise as a bird scarer
- For propulsion in space: see Manned Maneuvering Unit#NASA "gas gun"
- Light-gas gun, a velocity-generating device used in physics experiments.