Crossword clues for gans
vb. (context Geordie English) (en-third-person singular of: gan)
Housing Units (2000): 87
Land area (2000): 0.187100 sq. miles (0.484587 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.187100 sq. miles (0.484587 sq. km)
FIPS code: 28350
Located within: Oklahoma (OK), FIPS 40
Location: 35.387207 N, 94.693871 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Gans may refer to:
- Gans, California, former town
- Gans, Oklahoma, town
- Gans, Pennsylvania, community
- Gans, Gironde, commune of the Gironde department, France
Gans is a Dutch and German noun meaning " goose".
It is also a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Christophe Gans (born 1960), French film director
- David Gans (1541–1613), Jewish German-Czech mathematician, historian, and astronomer
- Danny Gans (1956–2009), American singer and comedian
- Donovan Gans (born 1971), American football player
- Eduard Gans (1797–1839), Jewish German jurist
- Eric Gans (born 1941), American scholar and professor
- Herbert J. Gans (born 1927), American sociologist
- Joachim Gans, 16th-century Jewish Czech mining expert, the first Jew to live in America
- Joe Gans (1874–1910), American lightweight boxer
- Richard Gans, founder of the Spanish type foundry Fundiciòn Richard Gans
- Richard Gans (1880–1954), Jewish German physicist
- Ron Gans (1931–2010), American voice-over artist and character actor
- Sharon Gans (born 1942), American actress
Usage examples of "gans".
The faces of both Spira and Gans were calm enough, but tight with worry.
She’s too ill to step ootside the hoose, but ye can see hor telescope at the window watchin’, everything as gans on.