Crossword clues for fries
- McDonald's offering
- Burger accompaniment
- Fast-food items
- Waffle __
- Sweet potato ___
- Strips for lunch, maybe
- Potato products
- Fast-food side order
- Fast-food side
- Drive-thru side order
- Chips, elsewhere
- Chips, across the pond
- What Brits call chips
- Things on the side, often
- They come with a Happy Meal
- Sonic side
- Side dish for a burger, often
- Popular side order
- McDonald's side
- Makes chicken crispy
- Home and French
- Happy Meal component
- French side?
- French or home
- Fish outings
- Fast-food potatoes
- Fast food favorite
- Drive-thru side
- Combo-meal component
- Burger King side order
- Burger accompanier
- "You want ___ with that?"
- Burger King offering
- Hamburger accompaniment
- Common side order
- Part of a Happy Meal
- Alternative to onion rings
- Burger side order
- See 1-Down
- 14-Across and ___
- McDonald's order with about 340 calories
- 52-Down, across the 15-Down
- Strips of potato fried in deep fat
- Beanery order
- Fast-food food
- French ___
- Fast-food order
- Burger adjunct
- Cooks; chips
- Deli side
- Burger go-with
- Popular side
- Side with a sandwich
- Fast-food staple
- Fast food staple
- Side order
- Hamburger helper?
- Fast food order
- Burger side
- Fast food fare
- Cooks in oil
- Wendy's side
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
n. 1 (plural of fry English)Category:English plurals 2 french fries vb. (en-third-person singularfry)
Housing Units (2000): 337
Land area (2000): 0.647796 sq. miles (1.677783 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.163542 sq. miles (0.423572 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.811338 sq. miles (2.101355 sq. km)
FIPS code: 29920
Located within: Virginia (VA), FIPS 51
Location: 36.715537 N, 80.975849 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 24330
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Fries is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Elias Magnus Fries (1794–1878), botanist
- Ellen Fries (1885-1900), writer
- Theodor Magnus Fries (1832–1913), botanist, son of Elias Fries
- Robert Elias Fries (1876–1966), botanist, son of Thore Fries, brother of Thore Christian Elias Fries
- Thore Christian Elias Fries, botanist, son of Thore Fries, brother of Robert Elias Fries
- Fritz Rudolf Fries, German writer and translator
- Gladys Fries Harriman (1896-1983), American philanthropist, equestrian and big game hunter
- Hans Fries, 1460–1520, Swiss painter
- Jakob Friedrich Fries (1773–1843), a German philosopher
- Jan Fries, occultist
- John Fries (1764–1825), American tax rebel and namesake of the Fries' Rebellion
- Karl Theophil Fries (1875–1962) German chemist discoverer of the Fries rearrangement
- Kenny Fries (1960-), American memoirist and poet
- Victor Fries, a DC Comics character, also known as Mr. Freeze
- Nora Fries, a DC Comics character, wife to Mr. Freeze
Fries, or french fries, are strips of deep-fried potato.
Fries or FRIES may also refer to:
- Fries (surname), including list of people with the name
- Frisian languages , languages spoken in Friesland (Netherlands) and East Friesland (Germany)
- Fast Rope Insertion Extraction System, or fast-roping, a technique for descending a thick rope
- Lamb fries, lamb testicles used as food
- A form of the verb "to fry": see frying
- Home fries
- Fries, Virginia
Usage examples of "fries".
They went on in, to be met there by the Honorable Jonathan Fries, Mayor of Rock City.
Stone was away they ate in his restaurant Mrs Fries was an excellent cook and she raised a great variety in her hydroponics garden.
Mrs Fries pushed the twins aside and applied artificial respiration herself, to be displaced ten minutes later by Dr.
Mayor Fries made a speech and presented them with a scroll which made them all honorary citizens of Rock City, now and forever.
Mrs Fries pushed the twins aside and applied artificial respiration herself, to be displaced ten minutes later by Dr Stone.
Podkayne Fries, I mean, the famous Space Explorer and Master of Men-Captain Poddy dear, you probably will never read this because it wouldn't occur to you that I not only would break your "code" but also write comments in the big, wide margins you leave.
Nurse, will you be so kind as to phone the Director and tell him that Miss Fries is on her way?
Schoenstein, the release I obtained from Professor Fries explicitly binds him to silence, for separate good and sufficient consideration, over and above damages conceded by us and made good.
When the Fries contingent wearily reached the inspection counter, the inspector said, all in one word: "Nything-t'-d'clare?
By pointing out that I was Miss Fries, niece of Senator Fries, Mars Republic, I did get as far as his secretary, or maybe his secretary's secretary.
The room was still not made up and still cluttered with dirty dishes because, despite the language barrier, I have made clear to Maria and Maria that Miss Fries becomes quite vexed if anybody disturbs my room until I signal that I no longer want privacy by leaving the door open.
Yes, sir, Captain Podkayne Fries the Famous Explorer had keeled over like a silly girl.
Furthermore, he didn't understand why an advertisement assuring him that the restaurant's French fries were tastier than house flies should charm him.
This book is dedicated to the memory of my mother, Beatrice Friesner, who passed away in the autumn of 1999.