Fowey ( ; , meaning 'Beech Trees') is a small town, civil parish and cargo port at the mouth of the River Fowey in south Cornwall, England. The town has been in existence since before 1300; the estuary of the River Fowey forms a natural harbour which enabled the town to become an important trading centre. Privateers also made use of the sheltered harbourage. The Lostwithiel and Fowey Railway brought China clay here for export.
Fowey was a rotten borough in Cornwall which returned two Members of Parliament to the House of Commons in the English and later British Parliament from 1571 to 1832, when it was abolished by the Great Reform Act.