abbr. 1 footnote 2 function
FN may refer to:
- Fn key, a key found on some compact keyboards
FN Herstal or Fabrique Nationale de Herstal, a Belgian arms factory
- FN (motorcycle), the motorcycles produced by FN Herstal
- National Front (France), a French political party
- Front National (French Resistance), a World War II French Resistance group
- Front National (Belgium), a Belgian political party
- Royal Air Maroc Express' IATA airline designator
- Faking News, Indian news satire website
- Fibronectin, a glycoprotein involved in cell adhesion and growth
- Finding Nemo, a 2003 computer-animated adventure comedy film by Pixar
- Fireman, an enlisted rate in the United States Navy and United States Coast Guard
FN ( Fabrique Nationale de Herstal) was a Belgian company established in 1889 to make arms and ammunition, and from 1901 to 1967 was also a motorcycle manufacturer. FN manufactured the world's first four-cylinder motorcycle, was famous for the use of shaft drive in all models from 1903 to 1923, achieved success in sprint and long distance motorcycle racing, and after 1945, also in motocross.
The BelgianFabrique Nationale d’Armes de Guerre (National Manufacturer of War Weapons) company, also sometimes known as Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (National Manufacturer at Herstal), but better known simply as "FN" or "Fabrique Nationale" was founded at Herstal on the edge of Liege in 1889. As well as weapons, it was for many years a manufacturer of motorbikes and of automobiles.
This summary concerns the automobiles. FN was active as an auto-manufacturer from 1899 till the later 1930s which makes it Belgium's longest-lived make of car.