Ferghana (, فەرغانە; , Farğona/Farƣona; Farġāna/Farqâna; ) is a city (population: 187,100), the capital of Fergana Region in eastern Uzbekistan, at the southern edge of the Fergana Valley in southern Central Asia, cutting across the borders of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. Fergana is about 420 km east of Tashkent, and about 75 km west of Andijan.
The name Ferghana may refer to:Geography
- Fergana, a city in eastern Uzbekistan, capital of Fergana Province
- Fergana Airport, an airport in eastern Uzbekistan, serving the city of Fergana
- Fergana Province, a viloyat of Uzbekistan, located in the southern part of the Fergana Valley
- Fergana Range, a mountain range in Tian Shan in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Fergana Valley, a region in Central Asia spreading across eastern Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan
- Great Fergana Canal, an artificial canal covering 270 km in the Fergana Valley
- Kingdom of Fergana, a former state in Central Asia
- Fergana Kipchak language, an old Turkic language from Central Asia
- Fergana Challenger, a professional tennis tournament
- Fergana horse, an extinct horse breed from Central Asia
- Fergana moth, an insect from the Noctuidae family