Fasano (or Fascióne in the Bari dialect) is a town and comune in the province of Brindisi, Apulia, southern Italy.
It marks the border between the Salento and the Metropolitan City of Bari. It lies about from all three of the provincial capitals in Apulia, namely Bari, Taranto and Brindisi. The name Fasano probably derives from the “Faso”, a large wild columbus dove (also represented on the civic coat of arms) which drank from the foggie, which was a type of swamp or pool in the open air formed from the water that flowed down from the surrounding hills. This area where the pool once was is now a communal garden.
Fasano is an Italian surname, and may refer to:
- Joseph Fasano (born 1982), poet
- Alessio Fasano, Italian pediatric gastroenterologist
- Anthony Fasano (born 1984), American football tight-end
- Mike Fasano, rock drummer
- Mike Fasano (politician) (born 1958), state politician in Florida
- Sal Fasano (born 1971), American baseball catcher
- Len Fasano, American politician