Crossword clues for falls
- Niagara ___
- Some hair extensions
- Niagara attraction
- Niagara __
- Fast-moving water
- Causes of many breaks
- Yosemite and Bridalveil, in Yosemite National Park
- Wrestling rounds
- Wrestling match divisions
- Takes a trip?
- Smooth Rock ____, Ontario
- Sioux --, S.D
- Rounds of wrestling
- River phenomenon
- Potomac's Great ___
- Phenomenon of the Zambezi River
- Ocean ______ (BC ghost town)
- Horseshoe or Victoria
- Honeymoon destination Niagara ____
- Has a tumble
- Great ___, Mont
- Grand ____ ( New Brunswick town )
- Fenelon ______
- Drops to the ground
- Churchill ____, Newfoundland hydro site
- Canoeists' fears
- California's Yosemite ___
- Angel in Venezuela?
- Canoeists' peril
- Honeymoon destination, with "the"
- Angel ____
- See 5-Across
- Big drop of water
- A steep descent of the water of a river
- Angel or Victoria
- Victoria, e.g.
- Great ___, Mont.
- Beaver or Angel
- Victoria ___
- Victoria and Reichenbach
- Occurs in spades after autumn
- Fellow having left, festive charm's cultivated one night
- Trips over foot barriers, spilling whiskey
- River feature
- Takes a tumble
- River features
- Yosemite attraction
- Niagara sight
- Goes sprawling
- Doesn't stay up
- Victoria, e.g
n. A waterfall. vb. (en-third-person singular of: fall)
n. a steep descent of the water of a river [syn: waterfall]
Housing Units (2000): 7658
Land area (2000): 769.090559 sq. miles (1991.935318 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 4.716383 sq. miles (12.215375 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 773.806942 sq. miles (2004.150693 sq. km)
Located within: Texas (TX), FIPS 48
Location: 31.265510 N, 96.963672 W
Falls County, TX
Falls may refer to:
- Waterfalls or rapids
- Falls (surname)
- Falls, North Carolina
- Falls, West Virginia
Belfast Falls (disambiguation)
- Falls Road, Belfast in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Belfast Falls (Northern Ireland Parliament constituency)
- Belfast Falls (UK Parliament constituency)
- Falls Festival
- The sepals of the Iris flower
- Falls in older adults
- Meteorite falls
Falls is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Charles Buckles Falls (1874-1960), American artist and illustrator
- Colin Falls (born 1985), American basketball player
- Kevin Falls, American television writer
- Mike Falls (born 1934), American football player
- Robert Falls (born 1954), American theatre director
Usage examples of "falls".
Septimus Falls arrived by train and taxi at 4:30, within a few minutes of Dr.
The fact is the evil brute got lost and has followed some other Falls all over the country.
Questing, having introduced Septimus Falls to Gaunt, had adopted the manner of a sort of referee or ring-master.
All through the hooey Gaunt and Falls were spilling about Shakespeare or someone.
As you see, the hillock falls away in a steep bank immediately above the big mud pot.
Septimus Falls, moving quietly along the white-flagged path across the reserve.
Septimus Falls was walking briskly back along the path, whistling his way home.
Questing had manoeuvred to get possession of Wai-ata-tapu, and, when he was about to take over, Septimus Falls had arrived, making certain that he would not be refused a room.
Had this been an intimation to Questing that Falls himself was another agent?
Why had Falls been at such pains to ensure that nobody inspected the path above Taupo-tapu?
After all, why on earth should Falls take such an elaborate and senseless means of introducing himself to Questing?
I must tell you at the outset, Falls, that if you concur with the official view of this case, I utterly disagree with you.
In support of this theory I draw your attention to a development of which Falls has acquainted me.
It was an unexpected turn of events when Gaunt, Edward, Falls and I all decided, separately, to walk.
He explained, as if to a child, that a blow from a hidden assailant would not account for the displaced clod of mud and that even in a struggle, which could scarcely have taken place without Falls hearing it, the path was altogether too firm for any portion of it to give way.