Evanger is a former municipality in the Voss district of Hordaland county, Norway. The municipality existed from 1885 until 1964 when it was merged into two neighboring municipalities. The municipality included the eastern part of the Eksingedalen valley, the area surrounding the lake Evangervatnet, and the Bergsdalen valley.
The administrative centre of the municipality was the village of Evanger where Evanger Church is located. Evanger Church served the central part of the municipality. Nesheim Church and Eksingedal Church served the northern part of Evanger and Bergsdalen Church served the southern part of the municipality.
Evanger is a village in the municipality of Voss in Hordaland county, Norway. The village lies in western Voss at the eastern end of the lake Evangervatnet where the river Vosso empties into the lake. Evanger sits about west of the municipal centre of Vossevangen. Evanger was the administrative centre of the old municipality of Evanger, which existed from 1885 until 1964. Evanger Church is located in the village.
The European route E16 highway runs through the village, on its way from the city of Bergen to the village of Vossevangen. The Bergensbanen railway line stops at Evanger Station as the railroad goes through the village from the west coast of Norway to the eastern coast. Evanger has a sausage factory and some other small industries in the village.
The Evanger Hydroelectric Power Station is built in the mountains just northwest of the village of Evanger, in the mountains. The power plant started production in 1969 and was modified in 1977. The power plant is supplied with water through a long tunnel from the intake reservoir, the lake Askjelldalsvatnet to the north. The tunnel has a vertical drop of . The power plant receives water from the Eksingedalen and Teigdalen valleys. The power station is equipped with three Pelton turbines and is owned and operated by BKK.