Eneco, the trading name of Eneco Holding N.V., is one of the largest producers and suppliers of natural gas, electricity and heat in the Netherlands, serving more than 2 million business and residential customers. Eneco headquarters are located in Rotterdam. It also carries out energy trading and is involved in sustainable energy projects.
Eneco is the largest power company in Zuid Holland.
The company is divided into five business units:
- Eneco New Energy - responsible for sustainable generation and sustainable energy projects
- Eneco Energy Trade - responsible for trade in energy and biomass
- Eneco Netherlands - the main company, supplying gas and electricity to the Netherlands
- Eneco Installation Companies - responsible for heating installations and the supply of energy to customers
- Eneco International - responsible for projects outside of the Netherlands
On the 8th of January 2010 the United Kingdom Crown Estate awarded Eneco New Energy the Zone 7 offshore wind farm licence for UK waters. This gives them exclusive rights to create a 900 MW offshore wind farm ( Navitus Bay) off the west coast of the Isle of Wight.