Crossword clues for emac
n. (context trademark computing English) A line of low-end computers made by Apple Inc.
The eMac, short for education Mac, is a Macintosh desktop computer made by Apple Inc. It was originally aimed at the education market, but was later made available as a cheaper mass market alternative to Apple's second-generation LCD display iMac G4. The eMac was pulled from retail on October 12, 2005 and was sold exclusively to educational institutions thereafter. It was discontinued by Apple on July 5, 2006 and replaced by a cheaper, low-end iMac that, like the eMac, was originally sold exclusively to educational institutions.
The eMac design closely resembles the first-generation iMac. Compared to the first iMac, eMacs feature a PowerPC G4 processor that is significantly faster than the previous generation G3 processors, as well as a 17-inch flat CRT display, which was aimed at the education market, as LCD screens would be expensive. Unlike the iMac G3, however, the eMac is not meant to be portable as it weighs and lacks a carrying handle which was on the iMac G3.
Emac, Emacs or similar may refer to:-
- eMac, a now-discontinued Macintosh desktop computer made by Apple Inc.
- Emergency Management Assistance Compact, a mutual aid agreement between states and territories of the United States, enabling resource sharing during natural and man-made disasters
- Extended metal atom chains (EMACs), molecules that consist of a linear string of directly bonded metal atoms, surrounded by organic ligands
- Emacs, a family of text editors
- EMAC, Ethernet media access control
Usage examples of "emac".
As Wiz entered, his young colleague whispered something to a third emac seated cross legged on the floor and the demon made a note with a quill pen on a strip of parchment in its lap.
First the Emac appeared and then the pink fuzzy mechanical rabbit, drum at the ready and gun slung across its back, obscuring its battery.
There were at least six listings in different colors above his workbench and two emacs below them giving more magical commands.
Justice Department the authority to hack and shut down SHEVA parent Web sites and even e-journals and newspapers guilty of spreading inaccurate information—’lies’—against EMAC and the U.