Egede is the remains of a lunar crater that has been flooded by lava, leaving only the somewhat polygonal circumference of the rim protruding just above the mare. It is located on the southern edge of the Mare Frigoris, to the west of the crater Aristoteles. To the southwest is an arc of low mountains curving between the rims of Aristoteles and Eudoxus. The floor of Egede is flat and nearly featureless, except for a few tiny craterlets, including secondaries from Aristoteles (which are also present to the north and south of Egede). The surviving rim has a maximum altitude of 0.4 km above the surface.
Egede may refer to:Places
- Egede, Nigeria, a town in Enugu State of Nigeria
- Egede, a hamlet in the Dutch province of Overijssel
- Egede, a lunar crater
- Hans Egede Church, in Nuuk, Greenland
- Hans Poulsen Egede (1686–1758), Dano-Norwegian merchant and missionary to Greenland
- Paul Hansen Egede (1708–1789), his elder son, Dano-Norwegian missionary and scholar in Greenland
- Hans Egede Budtz (1889–1968), Danish stage and film actor
- Hans Egede Saabye (1746–1817), grandson of Hans Egede via one of his daughters, a Danish missionary and scholar in Greenland
- Nils Christian Egede Hertzberg (1827–1911), Norwegian Minister of Education and Church Affairs
- Adam Egede-Nissen (1868–1952), Norwegian communist politician
- Aud Egede-Nissen (1893–1974), Norwegian actress
Usage examples of "egede".
To become of the highest order of priests, it was supposed requisite, says Bishop Egede, that one of the lower order should be drowned and eaten by sea monsters.
The administration of the Royal Greenland Trading Company gave permission for the dogs to be conveyed free of charge on board the Hans Egede and delivered at Christiansand.
They said the Mexican goddess, wife of the sun, was Eve, or 8 Egede, Greenland, ch.