EFD is a payments services company. EFD provides financial service companies and other large enterprises with new account decisions, fraud detection and payment processing services. On June 27, 2007, Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS) announced that it was acquiring EFD in an all-cash transaction valued at about $1.8B. The target completion date for the acquisition was the 3rd quarter of 2007.
EFD may refer to:
- Employers’ Forum on Disability, a membership organization of UK businesses
- Europe of Freedom and Democracy, a right-wing and Eurosceptic political grouping in the European Parliament.
- EFD (eFunds Corporation), a payments service company
- Eidgenössisches Finanzdepartement, the German name of the Swiss Federal Department of Finance
- Electro-fluid-dynamics, a synonym for Electrohydrodynamics
- Ellington Field, an airport southeast of Houston, Texas ( IATA airport code: EFD)
- Enterprise Flash Drive, a form of solid-state drive for the storage of electronic data
- Enterprise Function Diagrams, a term used in Functional Software Architecture
- Entertainment Film Distributors, a British distributor of independent films