Housing Units (2000): 671
Land area (2000): 1.526082 sq. miles (3.952533 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.169424 sq. miles (0.438807 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 1.695506 sq. miles (4.391340 sq. km)
FIPS code: 22576
Located within: Pennsylvania (PA), FIPS 42
Location: 40.550767 N, 80.192590 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Edgeworth may refer to:
Edgeworth is an English toponymic surname. It probably derives from Edgeworth in Gloucestershire, but the name is long established in Ireland, where it is claimed that the family settled in County Longford in 1583.
Notable people with the surname include:
Richard Lovell Edgeworth (1744–1817), Anglo-Irish scientist, inventor, writer and educator, father of Maria Edgeworth and Michael Pakenham Edgeworth
- His son Michael Pakenham Edgeworth (1812–1881), botanist
- His daughter Maria Edgeworth (1767–1849), novelist
- His grandson Francis Ysidro Edgeworth (1845–1926), statistician and economist
- Henry Essex Edgeworth (1745–1807), Irish Catholic priest and confessor of Louis XVI
- Kenneth Edgeworth (1880–1972), Irish astronomer, economist and engineer
- Miles Edgeworth, character from the Ace Attorney video game series
Usage examples of "edgeworth".
Clara Edgeworth and her reverted children, Alice Edgeworth and Timothy Kimball.
The interior of Edgeworth Clinic maintained the formal appearance which characterized its exterior.
It was not a happy evening, for though they sewed as usual, while their mother read aloud from Bremer, Scott, or Edgeworth, something was wanting, and the sweet home peace was disturbed.
Sherwood, Miss Edgeworth, and Hannah More, and then produced a tale which might have been more properly called an essay or a sermon, so intensely moral was it.