Crossword clues for eames
- Kind of chair
- Furniture designer Charles
- Chair designer Charles
- Renowned chair designer
- Chair man?
- Innovative chair designer
- ___ House (Los Angeles landmark of modern architecture)
- Eponymous chair designer
- United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978)
- Noted chair designer
- U.S. designer
- Diva Emma
- Noted designer of chairs
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
type of modern office chair, 1946, named for U.S. architect and designer Charles Eames (1907-1978). The surname is from Old English eam "uncle," cognate with German Ohm.
Eames is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Aled Eames (1921–1996), Welsh maritime historian
- Arthur Johnson Eames (1881–1969), American botanist
- Benjamin T. Eames (1818–1901), American politician, U.S. Representative from Rhode Island
- Charles and Ray Eames, American husband-and-wife design team: Charles (1907–1978) and Ray (1912–1988)
- Clare Eames (1894–1930), American actress
- Emma Eames (1865–1952), American opera soprano
- Fidelma Healy Eames, Irish politician
- Fred Eames, American billiards champion
- Marion Eames (1921–2007), Welsh novelist
- Mark Eames (born 1961), Hong Kong cricketer
- Rebecca Eames (1640–1721), Massachusetts woman accused of being a witch at the Salem witch trials
- Robin Eames (born 1937), Anglican Primate of All Ireland and Archbishop of Armagh
- Rosemary Eames (later Elliott; 1965–2002), Australian Paralympic swimmer
Usage examples of "eames".
On the opposite flank stood Captain Eames, his bloodless countenance that of a man preparing to face his execution with forced dignity.
Captain Eames, the young baron led them a mile south to where his main army was encamped.
Rebecca Eames contended that Abigail Hobbs and Mary Lacey had pressured her into a confession.
Salem jail, Eames said that they mocked her, spat in her face, and repeatedly charged her with witchcraft over the course of four days.
Martha Carrier, Martha Corey, Mary Easty, Alice Parker, Ann Pudeator, Dorcas Hoar, Mary Bradbury, Margaret Scott, Wilmot Reed, Samuel Wardwell, Mary Parker, Abigail Faulkner, Rebecca Eames, Mary Lacey, Ann Foster, and Abigail Hobbs stood convicted of practicing witchcraft.
General Court voted in October that the conviction and attainders of George Burroughs, John Proctor, George Jacobs, John Willard, Giles Corey, Martha Corey, Rebecca Nurse, Sarah Good, Elizabeth How, Mary Easty, Sarah Wildes, Abigail Hobbs, Samuel Wardwell, Mary Parker, Martha Carrier, Abigail Faulkner, Anne Foster, Rebecca Eames, Mary Post, Mary Lacey, Mary Bradbury, and Dorcas Hoar be reversed.
The only reason Eames would have killed a Darklighter is so that he can use the crossbow to kill a Whitelighter.
Yeah, but we need to figure out a way to stop Eames before he kills again.
But all I do know is that this is no time for self-doubt, not with Eames out there.
Defeating Eames will require split-second timing and flawless teamwork.
If I orb in somewhere unprotected, Eames should be able to track me with his Darklighter powers.
With the three of you in position, as soon as Eames shows up, I orb out.
When Jamey turned twenty-one, Nanny Eames invited him back to Santa Luz for a visit and initiated him as a Drinker.
And as an Eldest Drinker, Whistler, who paid well and ruled lightly, was a vast improvement over the late Nanny Eames, who had paid in lashes and ruled by fear.
But he had remembered an unusually brisk evening last winter, just after Nanny Eames had died.