__NOTOC__ DWSIM is an open-source CAPE-OPEN compliant chemical process simulator for Windows and Linux. DWSIM is built on top of the Microsoft .NET and Mono Platforms and features a Graphical User Interface (GUI), advanced thermodynamics calculations, reactions support and petroleum characterization / hypothetical component generation tools.
DWSIM is able to simulate steady-state, vapor–liquid, vapor–liquid-liquid, solid–liquid and aqueous electrolyte equilibrium processes with the following Thermodynamic Models and Unit Operations:
- Thermodynamic models: PC-SAFT, FPROPS, CoolProp, Peng–Robinson equation of state, Peng–Robinson-Strÿjek-Vera (PRSV2), Soave–Redlich–Kwong, Lee-Kesler, Lee-Kesler-Plöcker, UNIFAC(-LL), Modified UNIFAC (Dortmund), Modified UNIFAC (NIST), UNIQUAC, NRTL, COSMO-SAC, Chao-Seader, Grayson-Streed, Extended UNIQUAC, Raoult's Law, IAPWS-IF97 Steam Tables, IAPWS-08 Seawater, Black-Oil and Sour Water;
- Unit operations: CAPE-OPEN Socket, Spreadsheet, Custom (IronPython Script), Mixer, Splitter, Separator, Pump, Compressor, Expander, Heater, Cooler, Valve, Pipe Segment, Shortcut Column, Heat exchanger, Reactors (Conversion, PFR, CSTR, Equilibrium and Gibbs), Distillation column, Simple, Refluxed and Reboiled Absorbers, Component Separator, Solids Separator, Continuous Cake Filter and Orifice plate;
- Utilities: Binary Data Regression, Phase Envelope, Natural Gas Hydrates, Pure Component Properties, True Critical Point, PSV Sizing, Vessel Sizing, Spreadsheet and Petroleum Cold Flow Properties;
- Tools: Hypothetical Component Generator, Bulk C7+/Distillation Curves Petroleum Characterization, Petroleum Assay Manager, Reactions Manager and Compound Creator;
- Process Analysis and Optimization: Sensitivity Analysis Utility, Multivariate Optimizer with bound constraints;
- Extras: Support for Runtime Scripts, Plugins and CAPE-OPEN Flowsheet Monitoring Objects.