Crossword clues for dura
- --- mater (brain membrane)
- ___ mater (cranial membrane)
- ___ mater (brain part)
- Commercial prefix with "cell"
- Membrane covering the brain
- Commercial prefix meaning "long-lasting"
- Commercial prefix meaning "dependable"
- Commercial battery prefix with "cell"
- Brain's ___ mater
- Battery prefix with "cell"
- Battery name prefix with "cell"
- -- Lube (engine treatment)
- __ mater: brain covering
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Dura \Du"ra\, n. Short form for Dura mater.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
n. (context anatomy English) The dura mater, the outer covering of the brain and spinal cord.
n. the outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges [syn: dura mater]
Dura may refer to:
- Dura (moth), a genus of moth
- Dora, Baghdad, alternately transliterated "al-Dura", a neighborhood in the Rasheed administrative district in Southern Baghdad, Iraq
- Dura, Hebron, a Palestinian town in the southern West Bank located eleven kilometers southwest of Hebron in the Hebron Governorate
- Dura Automotive Systems, an American automotive company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan and specializing in automobile components
- Dura-Europos, an ancient city located in modern-day Syria, founded in 303 BCE and abandoned in 256–257 CE
- Dura language, a critically endangered language of Nepal
- Dura mater, the outermost of the three layers of the meninges surrounding the brain and spinal cord
- Cișmigiu Gardens, originally named "Lake of Dura the merchant", a public park near the center of Bucharest, Romania that surrounds an artificial lake
- A Palestinian boy who was reported as shot and killed in September 2000 in the Muhammad al-Durrah incident
'Dura ' is a genus of tussock moths in the Erebidae family.
Usage examples of "dura".
Thus, one layer of the arachnoid envelopes the brain and spinal cord, and the other lines the dura mater.
Beyond the lamina and ligamentum flavum, he could make out the transparent dura of the spinal cord.
They were both around the same age as Rauc and Dura, and they wore identical, practical-looking loose vests equipped with dozens of pockets from which bits of rope and tools protruded.
Dura listened to the lulling, rhythmic chant of names as it went on, for heartbeat after heartbeat, read evenly by Rauc to the great Wheel carved into the wood.
Linear frontal fracture of inner table with extensive extravasation of blood between the bone and dura mater.
Turn-of- the-century furniture filled the picture window: a red velvet sofa with gold piping trimmed with tassels, a hand-carved Italian chestnut chair with dragon arms, and a small Pietra Dura end table with a black marble top.
Dura felt the prickle of cooling superfluid capillaries opening all over her body.
Dura knew: the boar would spin so fast that the superfluidity of the Air which sustained all animals in the Mantle, including humans, broke down.
Even now, Dura could hear from outside the car, Adda continued to curse his savior.
Administrator studied Adda, Dura thought, as one might consider a leech, or a damaged spider.
Dura and Farr helping Adda, the three Human Beings made their way to Muub and his companions.
This strain of duras clones amazingly well, my friend, and grows even faster.
Kraal affiliates carried duras plants on their ships, it was for her own convenience as a web-being.
Above me was the rock slab forming the ceiling, imbedded with the lights that permitted the duras plants to grow.
Even Duras, in his prime and strong, doubted he would emerge the victor in hand-to-hand combat with the ancient warrior.