Crossword clues for dsv
DSV may refer to:
- DSV Leoben, a football team based in Leoben, Austria
- German Swimming Federation (Deutscher Schwimm-Verband)
- German Ski Association (Deutscher Skiverband)
- DSV (company), a Danish transport company
- Dansville Municipal Airport (IATA code) in Dansville, New York
- Deep-submergence vehicles, deep-diving self-propelled manned submarines
- Diving support vessel, a ship used in commercial diving
- German State Railway Wagon Association (Deutscher Staatsbahnwagenverband)
In other uses:
- seaQuest DSV, an American science fiction television series (later renamed seaQuest 2032)
- Delimiter-separated values, a way to store two-dimensional arrays of data
- Deutsche Schule Valencia, a German international school in Valencia, Spain
- Life Sciences Division (Division des Sciences du Vivant) of the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission
DSV A/S is a Danish transport and logistics company offering transport services worldwide by road, air, sea and train. Since its foundation in 1976 by nine independent Danish hauliers, the company has achieved rapid expansion and international presence, predominantly through a series of strategic competitor acquisitions, the most important ones being Samson Transport (1997), DFDS Dan Transport Group (2000), J.H.Bachmann (2004), Frans Maas (2006), (2008). In October 2015 DSV signed an agreement to acquire UTi Worldwide, Inc. (2015). The deal was closed in January 2016.
With headquarters in Hedehusene (near Copenhagen), Denmark, and offices in more than 80 countries, DSV employs more than 40,000 people and collaborates with partners and agents worldwide. DSV is listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen ( Copenhagen Stock Exchange) and included in the OMXC20 index as one of the 20 most traded stocks.
The company is structured in three divisions, DSV Road, DSV Air & Sea and DSV Solutions. Its main activities lie within the European road transport (trucking) network, and its air and sea freight forwarding business. The group also has a growing contract logistics business. As part of an asset-light financial strategy to maintain fixed costs at a minimum and be able to quickly respond to market fluctuations, DSV does not own any ships or aeroplanes and only a relatively small number of trucks and trailers.
Jens Bjørn Andersen became CEO in August 2008. In 2015 DSV reported a net revenue of Euro 6,800 million.