Delvin is a town in County Westmeath, Ireland which is located on the N52 road at a junction with the N51 to Navan. The town is from Mullingar (along the N52) and is the setting of the book Valley of the Squinting Windows by Delvin native Brinsley MacNamara, described under the fictitious name of "Garradrimna".
The word Delvin comes from Delbhna. That tribe settled in what is present-day Delvin, along with a branch of the Soghain, in Tricha céd na Delbna Móire agus na Sogan.
Delvin is both a given name and surname. Notable people with the name include:
- Delvin Breaux (born 1989), American football player
- Delvin Countess (born 1982), American soccer player
- Delvin Lamar Hughley (born 1978), American football player
- Delvin James (born 1978), American football player
- Delvin Joyce (born 1978), American football player
- Delvin Myles (born 1972), American football player
- Delvin N'Dinga (born 1988), Congolese footballer
- Delvin Rodríguez (born 1980), Dominican boxer
- Delvin Williams (born 1951), American football player
- Jean Delvin (1853–1922), Belgian painter
- Jerome Delvin (born 1956), American politician
Delvin is a barony in north-east County Westmeath, in the Republic of Ireland. It was formed by 1672. It is bordered by County Meath to the east and three other baronies: Fore (to the north–west), Moyashel and Magheradernon (to the south–west) and Farbill (to the south). The largest centre of population is Delvin.
Delvin , also known as Castletowndelvin or Castletown Delvin, is a civil parish in County Westmeath, Ireland. It is located about north–east of Mullingar.
Delvin is one of 7 civil parishes in the barony of Delvin in the Province of Leinster. The civil parish covers . The largest population centre is the town of Delvin.
Delvin civil parish comprises 46 townlands: Addinstown, Archerstown, Ballinlig, Ballinlough (Wadding), Ballinn, Ballinure aka Ballyhealy, Ballinvally, Ballyhealy aka Ballinure, Ballynaskeagh, Balrath North, Balrath South, Billstown, Bolandstown, Brownstown, Caddagh, Carnybrogan, Castletowndelvin aka Delvin, Cavestown and Rosmead, Clonleame, Clonmaskill, Clonmorrill, Clonnagapple, Clonyn, Cockstown, Crowinstown Great, Crowinstown Little, Delvin aka Castletowndelvin, Dunganstown, Earlsmeadow aka Lisclogher Little, Ellenstown, Grangestown, Kilgar, Killadoughran, Lisclogher Great, Lisclogher Little aka Earlsmeadow, Loughanstown, Mabestown, Martinstown, Mitchelstown, Mooretown, Moyleroe Big, Moyleroe Little, Mullaghcroy, Newtown, Printinstown, Robinstown Great, Robinstown Little, Rosmead and Cavestown, Southhill and Stonestown.
The neighbouring civil parishes are: Clonarney, Killallon ( County Meath) and Killua to the north, Athboy and Kildalkey (County Meath) to the east, Killulagh to the south, and Kilcumny and St. Marys to the west.