Delitzsch is a former district in the Free State of Saxony, Germany. It was bounded by (from the east and clockwise) the districts of Torgau-Oschatz and Muldentalkreis, the city of Leipzig, the district of Leipziger Land and the state of Saxony-Anhalt (districts Saalekreis, Anhalt-Bitterfeld and Wittenberg).
Delitzsch (, Slavic: delč or delčz for hill) is a town in the Free State of Saxony in Germany. With more than 26,000 inhabitants, it is the largest town in the district of Nordsachsen.
Archaeological evidence outside the town limits points to a settlement dating from the Neolithic Age. The first documented mention of Delitzsch dates from 1166 and it later became the elector's residence in the 17th and 18th centuries. The old town is well preserved, with several plazas, citizens' and patrician houses, towers, a baroque castle and the town's fortifications.
Delitzsch and its surrounding area contain water areas, hiking and cycling networks and nature reserves.