n. (context journalism slang English) The subhead of a news story.
Dek or DEK may refer to:
- Data Encryption Key, in Cryptography also known as an "Encryption Key" or Key_(cryptography)
- Dek (news)
- Dek, a proposed name for digit 10 (↊) in the duodecimal positional notation numeral system which uses a base of 12.
- DEK (gene), a human gene
- Dek, Qazvin, a village in Iran
- David E. Kelley
- Donald Knuth
- German Evangelical Church (German: ; 1933–1945)
- German Evangelical Church in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia
- Deutsche Extrakt Kaffee GmbH, a major European producer of soluble coffee
- Deutsche Einheitskurzschrift, a German stenography system
- Democratic National Party (Cyprus), a Greek Cypriot political party
- DEK International GmbH, the market leader of SMT and Solar printing platforms
- Diethyl ketone, a flammable chemical
The human DEK gene encodes the DEK protein.
Usage examples of "dek".
Even Maiyer Dek of the fomorian giants felt small and insignificant, eyeing the statue-columns as if they would come alive and surround him, dwarfing his sixteen-foot height.
And Maiyer Dek, among the largest of his giant kind, was not accustomed to being dwarfed.
Then the dactyl began a more insidious attack, a mental barrage of images of torture and agony, and Maiyer Dek, the proud and strong leader, the strongest mortal creature in all the Barbacan, whimpered pitifully and squirmed about on the floor, begging for mercy.
Maiyer Dek, reaching down and easily lifting the massive giant to its feet.
Maiyer Dek brought in, the dactyl presented suits of armor, demon-forged in the twin lava flows of the throne room, full plated, thick and strong.
Maiyer Dek, for the giant was perfectly oblivious of their increasingly desperate situation.
In mere hours, Bestesbulzibar covered the hundreds of miles to the base at Dundalis, where it found a rattled Gothra of the goblins and Maiyer Dek of the fomorian giants arguing fiercely.
Maiyer Dek liked the thought of Kos-kosio, not a strong personality, in command of the powrie forces.
Maiyer Dek shall share the leadership of the goblins until a suitable replacement for Gothra can be found.
Togul Dek, more fearful of the demon than of the fiery implement, grasped it without further hesitation, though the giant winced as his flesh touched the diabolical weapon.
Togul Dek, still wearing no helm, its huge features twisted with rage.
Togul Dek had recovered from the lightning, Elbryan was upon the brute, the ranger running full out to the end of the branch, leaping high and hard, sword extended, throwing his arms wide to thrust the smoldering cape behind him.
The two giants behind their leader did not know what to make of the scene, had not even noticed Elbryan until Togul Dek began that backward fall.
Maiyer Dek, the proud and strong leader, the strongest mortal creature in all the Barbacan, whimpered pitifully and squirmed about on the floor, begging for mercy.
At any rate we have eight deks to overcome the difficulties and build on our strengths.