Crossword clues for deas
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Deas \De"as\, n. See Dais. [Scot.]
n. (context Scotland English) (alternative form of dais English)
Deas or DEAS may refer to:
- Deas (surname), a Scottish surname originating in Fife
- Deas Island, a river island in British Columbia, Canada
- Deas Vail, an American rock band
- Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences formerly known as Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Department of East Asian Studies at the University of Cambridge
- Department of East Asian Studies at the University of Delhi
In Scottish Gaelic, the word deas or deise means ready, right hand, south, dexterous or trim.
Deas is a Scottish surname. People with this surname include:
- Bob Deas, (1886-?), Australian rules footballer
- Sir David Deas (1807–1876), medical officer in the Royal Navy
- Charles Deas (1818–1867), American painter
- Sir George Deas (1804–1887), Scottish judge
- Jack Deas (1875-?), Australian rules footballer
- James Deas (1890–1963), New Zealand politician
- Justin Deas (born 1948), American actor
- Lynn Deas, American bridge player
- Paul Deas (born 1972), retired Scottish professional footballer
- Sir Edward Deas Thomson (1800–1879), Australian politician
- Zachariah C. Deas (1819–1882), brigadier general in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War
Usage examples of "deas".
Colonel Deas sent for a parson, and made assurance doubly sure by marrying them over again.
Illic Leniades humili regnabat in aula, Leniades magnis nobilitatus avis: Una duas habuit casa cum genitore puellas, Quas Amor undarum fingeret esse deas: Non tamen inculti gelidis latuere sub antris, Accola Danubii qualia saevus habet.