Danakil may refer to:
- Danakil people or Afar people, an ethnic group in the Horn of Africa
- Danakil Depression, a desert basin in north-eastern Ethiopia and southern Eritrea
- Danakil Desert, a desert in the Horn of Africa
- Danakil Depression or Afar Triangle, a geological depression in the Horn of Africa
- Danakil (band), a French reggae band
Usage examples of "danakil".
The General felt very bad about sending anyone down into the Danakil country it was hot here in Asmara, God alone knew what it would be like down there, and the General felt a pang of dismay that he had allowed Crespi to select anyone with such political influence as the Count.
Massawa, brought up to Asmara by train, and then for them to complete the long slow crossing of the Danakil.