Crossword clues for dan
- TV showrunner Harmon
- TV dad of Becky, Darlene and D.J. Conner
- Troublesome orphan in "Little Men"
- Topping or Cupid
- Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Jennings
- Stevens who played Matthew on "Downton Abbey"
- Stevens of "Downton Abbey"
- Stevens of "Beauty and the Beast" (2017)
- Stevens of "Beauty and the Beast"
- Steely --
- Steely ___ (rock band)
- Steely ___ ("Reelin' in the Years" band)
- Steely ___ ("Do It Again" band)
- Steely __
- Sportscaster Patrick
- Speed-skating gold medalist Jansen
- Speed skater Jansen
- Snyder who won't change his football team's name
- Skilled judoist
- Skater Jansen
- Sci-fi author Simmons with the 1989 Hugo-winning novel "Hyperion"
- Savage of sex columns
- Rowan or Cupid
- Rowan of "Laugh-In"
- Roseanne's sitcom hubby
- Roseanne's man
- Roseanne's husband
- Roseanne's hubby on "Roseanne"
- Reeling in the Years group Steely ____
- Rebellious boy in Little Men
- Rather who anchored "CBS Evening News" from 1981 to 2005
- Rather on the tube
- Rather newsworthy?
- Rather good at reading the news
- Rather good at delivering news?
- Rather dedicated to news
- Rather for one
- Rap producer ___ the Automator
- Rank in judo
- Rank in aikido
- Quisenberry or Quayle
- Quayle, who can be "hunted" down in four answers of this puzzle
- Quarterback great Marino
- Quarter-back Marino
- QB Marino
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Marino
- Pre-Al VP
- Political commentator Pfeiffer
- Pol Quayle
- Poker star Bilzerian
- Peabody Award winner Rather
- Patrick with a simulcast sports show
- Original "Saturday Night Live" cast member Aykroyd
- Olympic skater Jansen
- Old Tucker in an old folk song
- Northern city of Palestine
- NHL-er Hamhuis
- NFL sportscaster Dierdorff
- NFL Hall of Famer Marino
- Newsperson Rather
- Newsman ____ Rather
- News anchor Rather
- Music's Steely ___
- Mr. Rather
- Miami's Marino
- Miami Dolphins Hall of Famer Marino
- Mark of dojo achievement
- Marino or Rather
- Marino or Quayle
- Marino or Aykroyd
- Majerle of the Suns
- Levy on TV
- Lauria of "The Wonder Years"
- L.G.B.T. activist Savage
- Karate ranking
- Journalist Rather
- John's "The Blues Brothers" costar
- Israelite tribe
- Husband on "Roseanne"
- Homer's voice, ___ Castellaneta
- He played Elwood in "The Blues Brothers"
- Harness-horse champ ____ Patch
- Handsome ___ (Yale's mascot)
- Gridiron great Marino
- Georgia Satellites Baird
- George's next-in-command
- George the 41st's veep
- George H.W.'s veep
- George 41's No. 2
- Fouts of football
- Forrest Gump's lieutenant
- Former VP Quayle
- Former quarterback Marino
- Former anchor Rather
- Football Hall of Famer Marino
- Football Hall of Famer Fouts
- Fogelberg of folk
- First name from the first year of "SNL"
- First mate on Forrest's shrimp boat
- Father on "The Conners"
- Father of Becky, Darlene, and D.J. on "Roseanne"
- Famous Blocker
- ESPN's Le Batard
- England ___ and John Ford Coley
- Dolphin quarterback Marino
- Dolphin Hall of Famer Marino
- Dojo degree
- Degree of expertise in judo
- Degree in a dojo
- Dapper --
- Dapper __ (well-dressed guy)
- Cupid or Patch
- CTV's Matheson, for one
- CTV's Matheson
- CTV's ____Matheson
- Crossword solving champ Feyer
- Country duo ___ + Shay
- Connecticut governor Malloy
- Comedian Fogler
- College and Pro Football Hall of Famer Dierdorf
- Co-star with Chevy and Gilda
- Chief George, for one
- Chief ____ George
- Chevy colleague, 1975
- Cavaliers owner Gilbert
- Castellaneta of "The Simpsons"
- Brown or Savage
- Brown on a shelf
- Brown of novels
- British actor Stevens
- Bonanza actor Blocker
- Black-belt grade of proficiency
- Beard of Scouts
- Baltimore electronic musician Deacon
- Aykroyd or Rather
- Aykroyd or Marino
- Aykroyd of "Dragnet"
- Auerbach of the Black Keys
- Anchorman ____ Rather
- Advice columnist Savage
- Actor, ... Aykroyd
- Actor Stevens who stars in the FX series "Legion"
- Actor Stevens who played the Beast in "Beauty and the Beast"
- Actor Fogler who won a Tony for "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"
- Actor Castellaneta who provides the voice of Homer Simpson
- Actor Aykroyd of "Driving Miss Daisy"
- Actor Ackroyd
- Actor ____ Aykroyd
- Abrams of MSNBC
- 1994 speed skating gold medalist Jansen
- "The Wonder Years" actor Lauria
- "The NFL Today" analyst Marino
- "The Language of Love" singer Fogelberg
- "The Da Vinci Code" novelist Brown
- "The Big Interview With ___ Rather" (AXS show hosted by a former news anchor)
- "The __ Patrick Show": sports talk program
- "Sports Jeopardy!" host Patrick
- "Sports Jeopardy!" host ___ Patrick
- "SNL" castmate of Gilda and Chevy
- "Savage Love" columnist Savage
- "Rick and Morty" co-creator Harmon
- "Reeling in the Years" group Steely ---
- "Potato" misspeller Quayle
- "My Life in Football" author Marino
- "Little Men" troublemaker
- "Language of Love" Fogelberg
- "Inferno" author Brown
- "Hyperion" author Simmons
- "Gossip Girl" guy
- "Gossip Girl" character who [spoiler alert] turned out to be the true identity of Gossip Girl...but "Gossip Boy" doesn't sound as good
- "Gossip Girl" character Humphrey
- "Ghostbuster" Akroyd
- "Football Night in America" co-host Patrick
- "Fatal Attraction" husband
- "Digital Fortress" author Brown
- "Deception Point" author Brown
- "Dapper" fellow
- "Dapper" dresser
- "Bizarro" cartoonist Piraro
- "Angels & Demons" novelist Brown
- "___ in Real Life" (unwatchable romcom)
- '80s Indiana senator Quayle
- ''Roseanne'' hubby
- ____ Patch: famed trotter
- ___ Patrick (NBC sportscaster)
- ___ Patch, famed pacer
- ___ Castellaneta, voice of Homer Simpson
- ___ Castellaneta (man who provides the voice for Homer Simpson)
- ___ + Shay, Grammy-winning country duo
- CBS's Rather
- Northernmost city of ancient Palestine
- Marino of Miami
- Comic Aykroyd
- Rather of CBS
- Roseanne's man on "Roseanne"
- Dapper fellow?
- Martial arts degree
- Roseanne's TV hubby
- Judo level
- Rather, for one
- Level of karate expertise
- One of Tom's rivals
- Dapper one?
- Fancy one
- Former Rep. Rostenkowski
- Decathlete O'Brien
- Blocker of "Bonanza"
- One of the 12 tribes of Israel
- Rather enlightening?
- Blocker of TV
- "Vega$" detective Tanna
- Karate level
- Old title equivalent to "master"
- Newsman Rather
- Former veep Quayle
- Pitcher Quisenberry
- Judo ranking
- Rather in the news
- "Dapper" one
- Degree in martial arts
- Actor Aykroyd of "The Blues Brothers"
- One of Alcott's "Little Men"
- Vice president Quayle
- Former CBS anchor Rather
- Forebear of one of the 12 tribes of Israel
- Rather good at reporting
- Vice president after George
- Best-selling author Brown
- Castellaneta, the voice of Homer on "The Simpsons"
- Brown who wrote "The Lost Symbol"
- Aykroyd of "Ghostbusters"
- Sportscaster Dierdorf
- Former vice president Quayle
- Blocker of 1960s TV
- Aykroyd of the Blues Brothers
- Rock's Steely ___
- Steely one?
- Lieutenant ___ of "Forrest Gump"
- Roseanne's husband on "Roseanne"
- Writer Brown
- Rowan of "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In"
- "Reeling in the Years" rockers Steely ___
- Sex columnist Savage
- Martial arts level
- Brown who wrote "The Da Vinci Code"
- Martial arts rank
- Savage of "Savage Love"
- Degree of expertise in martial arts
- Delany or Carvey
- Level of judo proficiency
- Dapper ___ (snappy dresser)
- Fancy ___
- A son of Bilhah
- Dalley or Duryea
- Larroquette role on TV
- Cupid's title
- Dailey or Duryea
- Rather of TV
- Rather or Rowan
- Jacob's fifth son
- Newscaster Rather
- TV's Rather
- Mr. Quayle
- Baseball's Quisenberry
- Judo degree
- Duryea or Dailey
- McGrew of balladry
- "Steely ___," rock group
- Rather or McGrew
- Rowan of "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In"
- Follower of fancy or dapper
- Rather or Cupid
- Fancy or Dapper follower
- " . . . from ___ even to Beersheba"
- Rank in kendo
- A son of Jacob
- Beard or Rather
- Virginia river
- Mr. Beard
- Rather or Aykroyd, e.g
- Man's name; judo grade
- Desperate or fancy fellow, expert in karate?
- Town in Yorkshire, as its resident might say with passion
- Boy's name
- Son of Jacob
- Boy’s name
- Jacob's son
- Singer Fogelberg
- Karate expert
- Quarterback Marino
- Football's Marino
- "The Da Vinci Code" author Brown who just published "Origin," his fifth Robert Langdon novel
- Author Brown who wrote "Inferno"
- Homer Simpson voicer Castellaneta
- Actor George
- Veep before Al
- One of Jacob's sons
- Tribe of Israel
- Novelist Brown
- Dapper dude?
- Dapper guy
- "The Lost Symbol" author Brown
- Football legend Marino
- Dick's partner
- Dapper guy?
- "Hey Nineteen" rockers Steely ___
- Rather or Marino
- Politico Quayle
- He's dapper
- Grid great Marino
- Football great Marino
- D.J.'s dad, on "Roseanne"
- Columnist Savage
- Castellaneta who voices Homer Simpson
- Aykroyd of "The Blues Brothers"
- "Downton Abbey" actor Stevens
- "Angels & Demons" author Brown
- Steely ___ ("Hey Nineteen" band)
- Steely ____
- Roseanne's sitcom husband
- Marino in the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Karate skill level
- John's "Blues Brothers" co-star
- Ex-veep Quayle
- Dapper chap
- Comic actor Aykroyd
- "Make Love Stay" Fogelberg
- "Longer" Fogelberg
- "Forrest Gump" lieutenant
- Walter Cronkite successor ___ Rather
- Voice actor Castellaneta of "The Simpsons"
- Veep between George and Al
- Stevens of 'Downton Abbey'
- Sports radio host Patrick
- Singer/songwriter Bern
- Seals, of song
- Scouts' Beard
- Roseanne's TV husband
- Rather good with news?
- Rather adept at reporting?
- Quayle or Rather
- NFL great Marino
- Mr. Aykroyd
- Matheson or Heatley
- Matheson or George, e.g
- Martial-arts level
- Marino of football fame
- Longtime anchor Rather
- Legendary quarterback Marino
- Legendary Dolphins quarterback Marino
- Indiana senator Coats
- George's veep
- Former US vice president Quayle
- Former news anchor Rather
- Emmy-winning sportscaster Patrick
- Dapper __ (fancy dresser)
- Chief ____George
- Chevy colleague of 1975
- Brown in bookstores
- "Roseanne" character
- "Leader of the Band" Folgelberg
- "Laugh-In" co-host Rowan
- "Dapper" guy
- "Dapper" dude
- "Da Vinci Code" author Brown
- "Blues Brother" Aykroyd
- "Believe in Me" Fogelberg
- 'The Da Vinci Code' author Brown
- Wilson of Semisonic
- Webster, familiarly
- Walter's on-air successor
- Wacky Aykroyd
- VP between George and Al
- Vice President before Al
- Veep Quayle
- Veep between George H.W. and Al
- V.P. between George and Al
- Unfortunate Mr. McGrew
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Dan \Dan\ (d[a^]n), n. [OE. dan, danz, OF. danz (prop. only nom.), dan, master, fr. L. dominus. See Dame.] A title of honor equivalent to master, or sir. [Obs.]
Old Dan Geoffry, in gently spright
The pure wellhead of poetry did dwell.
What time Dan Abraham left the Chaldee land.
Dan \Dan\, n. [Etymol. uncertain.] (Mining) A small truck or sledge used in coal mines.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
title of address to members of religious orders, c.1300, from Old French dan (Modern French dom), from Latin dominus "lord" (source of Portuguese don, Spanish don, Italian donno; see don (n.)).
familiar form of masc. proper name Daniel.
name of one of the 12 tribes of ancient Israel or its territory, named for its founder; literally "he who judges," related to Hebrew din "to judge." In the Old Testament, it occupied the northernmost part of Israel, hence its use proverbially for "utmost extremity," as in in from Dan to Beersheba (the southernmost region), 1738.
Etymology 1 n. 1 A rank of black belt in martial arts 2 Someone who has achieved a level of black belt Etymology 2
n. (context mining English) A small truck or sledge used in coal mines. Etymology 3
n. (context obsolete English) (non-gloss definition: A title of honour equivalent to "master" or "sir".)
Dan , is a city mentioned in the Hebrew Bible, described as the northernmost city of the Kingdom of Israel, and belonging to the tribe of Dan. The city is identified with the tell known as Tel Dan (תל דן "Mound of Dan") in Hebrew, or Tell el- Qadi (تل القاضي "Mound of the Judge") in Arabic, located in northern Israel.
Dan is the name of one or more legendary kings of the Danes, mentioned in medieval Scandinavian texts.
The ranking system is used by many Japanese organizations (and Korean martial arts) to indicate the level of one's ability (expertise) within a certain subject matter. As a ranking system, it was originally used at a go school during the Edo period. It is now also used in modern fine arts and martial arts.
The system was applied to martial arts in Japan by Kanō Jigorō (1860–1938), the founder of judo, in 1883, and later introduced to other East Asian countries. In the modern Japanese martial arts, holders of dan ranks often wear a black belt; those of higher rank may also wear red-and-white and red belts. Dan ranks are also given for strategic board games such as go, Japanese chess ( shōgi), and renju, as well as for cultural arts such as flower arrangement ( ikebana), Japanese calligraphy (shodō) and tea ceremony (sadō).
The Chinese character for the word dan (段) literally means step or stage in Japanese, but is also used to refer to one's rank or grade, i.e., one's degree or level of expertise and knowledge . In Chinese pinyin, however, the same character is spelled duàn, and was originally used to mean phase. Dan is often used together with the word in certain ranking systems, with dan being used for the higher ranks and kyū being used for lower ranks.
According to the Book of Genesis, Dan ( Hebrew: דָּן, Dan Dān; "judgment" or "he judged") was the fifth son of Jacob with Bilhah. He was Bilhah's first son. He was the founder of the Israelite Tribe of Dan. In the biblical account, Dan's mother is described as Rachel's handmaid, who becomes one of Jacob's wives.
According to the Book of Jubilees, Dan was born on 9 of 1915. He is also Rey's stepson, Elul. He was the father of Hushim, according to Gen 46:23. Samson was a descendant of Dan.
Dan (, formerly romanized as tan, is the general name for female roles in Chinese opera, often referring to leading roles. They may be played by either actors or actresses.
Dan ( Serbian Cyrillic: Дан, ; ) is a daily newspaper published in Montenegro. It took its name from the old day Cetinje monthly newspaper that was published in the old Montenegrin state at the beginning of the 20th century. As of 2009 it held the second place after Vijesti with a share of an estimated 31,6% of the country's total readers.
Dan is an old Scandinavian given name with disputed meaning. Dan is also a Hebrew given name, after Dan, the fifth son of Jacob with Bilhah and founder of the Israelite Tribe of Dan. It is also a given name or a nickname for people named Daniel.
Dan, or the acronym DAN may refer to the following:
The cuneiform dan sign is a multi-use sign found in both the 14th century BC Amarna letters and the Epic of Gilgamesh. Besides dan, (and tan), the following are its uses (from Epic of Gilgamesh):dan kal lab lap lép líb líp reb rib tan GURUŠ-( GURUŠ (young man Sumerogram)
As sumerogram GURUŠ, it is only used for its Akkadian language meaning "eṭlu"-("young man"). Half of the spellings of eṭlu use GURUŠ combined with other signs, and half spell eṭlu alphabetically/syllabically. The quantities used for specific meanings of the sign, in the Epic of Gilgamesh are as follows: dan-(27), kal-(23), lab-(19), lap-(3), lép-(1), líb-(7), líp-(3), reb-(7), rib-(2), tan-(10), GURUŠ-(23).
Usage examples of "dan".
Adieu dan, mijn beste Elly, adieu dan: dank je nog duizend maal voor alles wat je voor me gedaan hebt.
Apres dix-sept ans de travaux et de combats, Adjutor de Vernon fut pris par les Turcs, et enferme dans Jerusalem.
Zij vond er een verfijnd genot, vol wreedheid, in, hem dan uit te lokken tot gezegden, die zij, met een weinig valsch vernuft, als zeer weinig complimenteus wist te doen voorkomen, om ze hem daarna, met een tintelende ondeugendheid, voor de voeten te werpen.
Mlle Marie regarde etonnee, de son regard encore flottant, et songe dans sa petite ame confuse.
Et voici que le chanoine Trevoux, trente ans apres sa belle mort, entre, coiffe de son tricorne, sa tabatiere a la main, dans mon ame surprise.
She caught a glimpse of the Roman aqueduct and the massive ramparts of the Crusader City, and then she was following the old coastal road past the Dan Caesarea Hotel with its 18-hole golf course secured behind a perimeter of high fence and concertina barbed wire.
La veille du dimanche des brandons, les habitants des campagnes se rendent le soir dans les champs et se promenent sous les arbres avec des falots en chantant quelque vieille invocation.
Metz, dit Barbier, il etait dans sa terre, pres de Vernon, dirigeant une armee de terrassiers, de macons, de jardiniers et de decorateurs.
Leclerc jeune, qui vendait alors des armures anciennes dans une petite boutique basse du quai Voltaire.
Saint-Christeau, lui restait dans la nef confondu avec les autres assistants.
Il entra dans son salon le sourire aux levres, decide a se montrer bon prince et a ne pas abuser des avantages de sa position: malgre tout elle etait la mere de Corysandre.
Savine assez difficile pour avoir besoin du calme du tete-a-tete dans la solitude.
Mais que lui dirait-il quand elle lui demanderait dans quel but il voulait avoir des nouvelles de mademoiselle de Barizel?
Gaston, qui devait avoir cependant sur ce point des clartes qui nous manquent, et des raisons pour croire a sa paternite, tu me permettras de rester dans le doute.
Barincq, de suivre cette voie pratique que je vous ouvrais, dit Sauval, que celle qui vous a mene dans le bagne ou vous vous debattez?