Crossword clues for cruzeiro
n. The currency of Brazil from 1942 to 1986 and 1990 to 1993.
n. the basic unit of money in Brazil; equal to 100 centavos
Cruzeiro, generally the Portuguese language-term for Cross, can refer to:
- Brazilian cruzeiro, a former currency of Brazil
- Cruzeiro Esporte Clube, a Brazilian football team from the city of Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
- Cruzeiro Esporte Clube (PB), a Brazilian football team from the city of Itaporanga, Paraíba
- Cruzeiro Esporte Clube (RO), a Brazilian football team from the city of Porto Velho, Rondônia
- Cruzeiro Futebol Clube (BA), a Brazilian football team from the city of Cruz das Almas, Bahia
- Esporte Clube Cruzeiro, a Brazilian football team from the state of Rio Grande do Sul
- Serviços Aéreos Cruzeiro do Sul, a Brazilian aviation company founded in 1927 and absorbed into VARIG in 1993
Usage examples of "cruzeiro".
We have Lira Cruzeiros from Buenos Aires, we have Anna Mazuma from Zurich, we have Valuta Groschen from Frankfurt.
Raul had scattered cruzeiros like royal largess, but Krebs had held back, telling herself that she needed to retain her journalistic objectivity although she had realized later that this was only an attempt to insulate herself from the misery she was unable to alleviate.
For a thousand cruzeiros the head porter was more than willing to suggest this and to write out the directions for Anne Marie.
Once the decontamination run was over, the Rio was supposed to put the Sao Paulo into a destructive reentry trajectory, then fly back to the Cruzeiro do Sul.